New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    got my windshield smashed by some pranksters..would just like to know if those aguila glass are as good as those bought from the casa itself ..in terms of quality and pricing..my car is 2000 ford trekker..thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    You'd better check out if Aguila Auto Glass could actually replicate your windshield. On most cases baka hindi, had my windshield smashed during Milenyo, checked out Aguila but they couldn't make one for my Opel. Other than that, your last resorts are Ford suppliers/dealers or the casa na talaga. If there isn't any ready stock they might even have to ship it. Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    i suggest you go to the casa for the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) windshield, although priced higher, for the perfect fit and correct installation as well as for safety issues. the OEM glass is a "safety" or "tempered" glass.

aguila glass, as far as i know, may only offer ordinary glass. if they have "safety" glass, the fit will not be as perfect as the casa-installed OEM windshield as the glass will be just modified to suit the windshield dimensions.

during a collision, an ordinary windshield glass will shower you and the other occupants with many pieces of broken glass, sharp as knives. on the other hand, the OEM glass will just break up into harmless little pieces, a safety feature nobody should ignore.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lolo Pepe: Just to clarify po, Aguila offers both tempered and laminated glass.

Technically speaking, both types are just regular tempered, the difference between that and laminated is that the latter has a thin sheet of plastic sandwiched between 2 thinner tempered glass layers. That thin sheet holds the shattered glass together during damage.

Note also that only the windshield uses laminated tempered and the rest of the car uses regular tempered.

Either case, tempered glass will not shatter into sharp debris but it'll break down to little bits and pieces.

Ordinary glass cannot be used in automotive glass.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i second po kay theveed..

especially aguila glass na medyo kilala na din when it comes sa auto glass. if i we're u try ko muna sa aguila glass at compare mo pricing between casa at aguila.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    ty talaga guys..will go to both tom..sunday ngayon e and very anxious and pissed abt the windshield..ty

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Laminated usually costs 30-50% more than tempered BTW, depende sa model.

It's strange that a common model like Civic ESi's windshield costs 2x more than a uncommon windshield like my Alty hehe. Only paid 4300 for my laminated windshield with installation while my brother in law paid almost the same amount TEMPERED palang.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello.

Am also been doing some shopping on me windshield. 05 SUZUKI JIMNY

And right now am weighing both my option if I would go CASA or AGUILA.

Aguila is been quite around for sometime now. And I think when it comes to experience thess guys are the people to talk to. Comparing to CASA na i beilieve walng regular na glass installer. Am sure magtatatwag lang sa labas pag the need arise. Although CASA as they say that they would put Original windshield and the rubber moulding.

As for Aguila I dont Mind if the windshield is locally Manufactured. (Gotta love em Pinoy Products hehehe) Right now my only concern is the Rubber moulding. Im having doubts if Aguila would would use an original moulding for it. Designed for tropical use to be exact.

My Feelings right now is 70% at Aguila 30%CASA

Gotta decide within the week.

Mine is insured by the way. Participation is P5800 I think. CASA Pilhino Quoted me Around P16000 and AGUILA Buendia Around P110000.

Maybe Valiente can install one too hehehehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Max

First up, I don't think new cars uses "mouldings" anymore for sealing, 9/10 times the rubber that you see is just for aesthetics purposes. The only thing holding the windshield to the frame is the auto-glass specific sealant. Only older cars use the rubber seal thing these days.

Don't be fooled by "tropicalized" BS, the Phil is a tropical country just like A LOT of other countries near the equator. There's no way that Phil is hotter than a desert country or other "right in the middle of the equator" nations.

If your Jimny is insured, go through them, windshield is the ONLY non-depreciating part claimable sa insurance.

You'll probably pay less sa participation compared to getting a new glass from aguila since you'll have to pay for labor and the sealant anyway.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok so, the moulding sa rubber is just a design? hmmm

this part i dont get

"You'll probably pay less sa participation compared to getting a new glass from aguila since you'll have to pay for labor and the sealant anyway."

so what do you recommend?

Aguila or CASA?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
windshield