New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    anong preparations or things you do when you don't use your car for a week? before you stowe it away in the garage?

lately yun diesel van lang ginagamit ko for commute to work and home - para tipid sa crudo. my other car just sits in the garage. i just start it up every two days. then gagamitin lang on sunday usually sa church and/or mall.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If its only a week, nothing to be done...
    I also alternately use 2 cars. 1st car I use
    4 days a week, the second is 3 days a week.
    When its not being used, the car just sits there
    in the garage for 4 days. I don't even bother
    starting it to warm it up or sumthin..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala. ako nga 1 month wala sa pinas e car cover lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende sa condition ng battery , if its that old , disconnect it yet kung 1 week lang ay i dont think kailangan ito , maybe months advisable na ito to avoid draining the battery .

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganito rin cycle ko pag ginagamit ko yung kotse na iniwan sa akin ng kuya ko, once a week ko rin ginagamit yung corolla niya (tuwing coding yung sasakyan ko) at so far wala namang nagiging problema sa bat nito, pero just to make sure wina-warm up ko rin yung sasakyan at least every 3 days

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    esi ko halos hindi nagagamit, 2 months na yata, warm-up every 2-3 days, handbrake disengaged para hindi dumikit, naka-nuetral lang ang transmission kaya bato lang ang kalso, merong cover

nung minsan ginamit ng pamangkin ko, dumaan sa baha, nasira ang horn at bearing ng a/c compressor, pinaayos, akala ok na, pero nadiskubre ko 2 weeks later after another bagyo (continuous very humid weather) na nabasa pala ang carpet at nagkaroon ng amag, nagka-amoy amag syempre, nilinis ko ang basang carpet at tinanggal ang amag, kung anu-ano ibinuga ko para mawala ang amoy, hirap matanggal ang amoy ... i ended up using baking soda, ayun malaking improvement na ... kung hindi umubra ang baking soda, inihanda ko na ang white vinegar spray na effective din daw

i'm starting to worry about wheel bearings and/or tire deformation so maybe 4 pieces of jackstands might be coming soon

7. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Hi, Newbie here, Just want to ask for recommendations.

I"ll be getting my new vehicle from the dealership this coming week, they informed me that the OR/CR will take 15 working days; likewise, they said I can drive it to home but I can't use it on public roads.

Do I need to disconnect the battery if I just let the car sit in the garage for 15 days? any other stuff I need to do to safely store the car?

I'd rather not risk using it inside the village, while it has controlled access I don't think it qualifies as having private roads since there are commercial areas inside, there are also police and traffic enforcer outposts, I'd rather not become a victim of this country's notorious government crooks.

Many thanks in advance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzumiya View Post
    Hi, Newbie here, Just want to ask for recommendations.

I"ll be getting my new vehicle from the dealership this coming week, they informed me that the OR/CR will take 15 working days; likewise, they said I can drive it to home but I can't use it on public roads.

Do I need to disconnect the battery if I just let the car sit in the garage for 15 days? any other stuff I need to do to safely store the car?

I'd rather not risk using it inside the village, while it has controlled access I don't think it qualifies as having private roads since there are commercial areas inside, there are also police and traffic enforcer outposts, I'd rather not become a victim of this country's notorious government crooks.

Many thanks in advance.
    You'll be fine. Just display the conduction sticker and temp plate conspicously. They don't really bother new cars anymore.

I frequently travel out of town/country, sometimes for more than a month. Your car will be fine.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're that afraid then don't get the car from the dealer until the plates release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i don't use my car for 2 to 3 weeks at a stretch.
    no special preparation whatsoever.

if i may,
    the ORCR requirement is for public roads.
    does your homeowners' association have provision ruling for such?
    Last edited by dr. d; October 27th, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
not using your car for a week