New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Is it normal for a two year old car to have rust on the underside of the muffler? the size is about 25 centavo coin. Can i claim it under warranty?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    Is it normal for a two year old car to have rust on the underside of the muffler? the size is about 25 centavo coin. Can i claim it under warranty?
    Yes, its normal. A rust spot isn't unusual. And nope, muffler is a wear & tear item.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    is there any remedy to this problem? is it true i should have it undercoated?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yung akin niliha ko at sprinaypaint ko na hightemp spraypaint d naman bumalik yung kalawan, hindi ko lang alam kung effective yung ginawa ko

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun View Post
    is there any remedy to this problem? is it true i should have it undercoated?
    IMHO, it's not really a problem you should be bothered with (unless it's already a hole that have rusted through). External rust isn't anywhere close to the corrosion you can find inside the muffler.

But if it really bothers you, just clean the area with a steel brush or rough grain sand paper and spray paint the area with high temp paint you can buy from the DIY store.

Undercoating for a muffler? Who sold you that idea?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    IMHO, it's not really a problem you should be bothered with (unless it's already a hole that have rusted through). External rust isn't anywhere close to the corrosion you can find inside the muffler.

But if it really bothers you, just clean the area with a steel brush or rough grain sand paper and spray paint the area with high temp paint you can buy from the DIY store.

suggested by someone from a mags and exhaust shop. will try the sandpaper and spray paint remedy. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The undercoating material won't help much 'coz it will melt under the muffler heat. Spraying hi-temp paints will be better. Or replace it with a stainless muffler to save yourself from worries.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post

what? masama po ba yun? shell in Mabolo, malabon undercoated all beneath my ZZ. including tailpipes, resonator, CC, and the silencer itself.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    hindi naman sa masama, nonsense pag sinama sa undercoat yan kasi nga, matutunaw lang ang undercoat

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    what? masama po ba yun? shell in Mabolo, malabon undercoated all beneath my ZZ. including tailpipes, resonator, CC, and the silencer itself.
    Undercoating will either melt or burn off once the exhaust system of your car gets hot enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
rust on muffler