New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi anybody who bought any Mahindra car models.

Can you give feedback? I saw the enforcer and scorpion, it looks sturdy and their marketing it as a

vehicle for flood areas.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    If im not mistaken, enforcer is the car policemen is using in our hometown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    mukhang okay yong xylo. sna dumating dito yong xuv 500

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    I bought a Mahindra Enforcer SC 4x2 just last week, and so far, I'm quite happy with it, because the pickup does as advertised. I think Mahindra went a bit overboard when it did away with some creature comforts, but the pickup will definitely get the job done.

What's it like at first glance? It's an attention whore. I have other vehicles that are sleeker, with more tech and capabilities, but none of them got as much attention from pedestrians and neighbors as the Enforcer. I wound up fielding more questions and receiving more stares - with none being more awkward than those I got from policemen last Friday - with this pickup as compared to my college thesis. Maybe it looks gangsta, or maybe it's the boxy, old school vibe that got people's attention. Or, maybe it's Maybelline.

All that excitement the exterior generated is reduced to ash the moment you step inside the Enforcer. It's pretty spartan, to say the least. There's cheap plastic everywhere, for starters. The edge of the glovebox of the unit I got shows some warping. There's an exposed wire beside the handbrake, I'm not sure if that's by design. The steering wheel is ok, but the turn signal stalk feels a bit tight. There's not much legroom for six-footers, but at least there's a lot of headroom to spare. In short, the interior is like a Jimny's, but cheaper.

So, what's the ride like? Let's just say it will also give you some Jimny vibes. Visibility up front is good, the steering is surprisingly light, the suspension is stiff as hell, and there's a lot of engine noise. The clutch is great, and shifting is smooth. The pickup's narrow profile makes it easy to negotiate narrow farm roads and bumper to bumper traffic. It accelerates fine, and I don't find myself doing a lot of gear hunting. I usually cruise at around 60kph on the highway, and I'm usually at fourth gear. That's also the case even if the bed is heavily loaded. When it comes to fuel consumption, the Enforcer delivers. I've driven around 220km in it (mixed), and it's only consumed roughly 17L. Not bad, really.

There are still a few things that I can nitpick on. For starters, the Enforcer's gas and brake pedals are placed too close to each other. I sometimes wind up stepping on the gas whenever I'm applying the brakes. I have to doublecheck if I have properly engaged the handbrake. There aren't any cupholders. The B pillars give me massive blindspots. The turning radius sucks. There's now way to adjust the sidemirrors without opening the windows. I also hate the fact that because of the turbo, I have to warm it up for a minute before driving, then I have to put it on idle for another minute before I shut off the engine.

I knew what to expect from the Enforcer the moment I started considering it as my go-to farm vehicle. It doesn't have the bells and whistles that most pickups twice its price have, but it should be infinitely more reliable than any reconditioned multicab out there. 10/10 I'll buy another one if I'll ever need another.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RPC8837 View Post
    I bought a Mahindra Enforcer SC 4x2 just last week, and so far, I'm quite happy with it, because the pickup does as advertised. I think Mahindra went a bit overboard when it did away with some creature comforts, but the pickup will definitely get the job done.

What's it like at first glance? It's an attention whore. I have other vehicles that are sleeker, with more tech and capabilities, but none of them got as much attention from pedestrians and neighbors as the Enforcer. I wound up fielding more questions and receiving more stares - with none being more awkward than those I got from policemen last Friday - with this pickup as compared to my college thesis. Maybe it looks gangsta, or maybe it's the boxy, old school vibe that got people's attention. Or, maybe it's Maybelline.

All that excitement the exterior generated is reduced to ash the moment you step inside the Enforcer. It's pretty spartan, to say the least. There's cheap plastic everywhere, for starters. The edge of the glovebox of the unit I got shows some warping. There's an exposed wire beside the handbrake, I'm not sure if that's by design. The steering wheel is ok, but the turn signal stalk feels a bit tight. There's not much legroom for six-footers, but at least there's a lot of headroom to spare. In short, the interior is like a Jimny's, but cheaper.

So, what's the ride like? Let's just say it will also give you some Jimny vibes. Visibility up front is good, the steering is surprisingly light, the suspension is stiff as hell, and there's a lot of engine noise. The clutch is great, and shifting is smooth. The pickup's narrow profile makes it easy to negotiate narrow farm roads and bumper to bumper traffic. It accelerates fine, and I don't find myself doing a lot of gear hunting. I usually cruise at around 60kph on the highway, and I'm usually at fourth gear. That's also the case even if the bed is heavily loaded. When it comes to fuel consumption, the Enforcer delivers. I've driven around 220km in it (mixed), and it's only consumed roughly 17L. Not bad, really.

There are still a few things that I can nitpick on. For starters, the Enforcer's gas and brake pedals are placed too close to each other. I sometimes wind up stepping on the gas whenever I'm applying the brakes. I have to doublecheck if I have properly engaged the handbrake. There aren't any cupholders. The B pillars give me massive blindspots. The turning radius sucks. There's now way to adjust the sidemirrors without opening the windows. I also hate the fact that because of the turbo, I have to warm it up for a minute before driving, then I have to put it on idle for another minute before I shut off the engine.

I knew what to expect from the Enforcer the moment I started considering it as my go-to farm vehicle. It doesn't have the bells and whistles that most pickups twice its price have, but it should be infinitely more reliable than any reconditioned multicab out there. 10/10 I'll buy another one if I'll ever need another.
    Hi RPC8837, if youre still active in the board, kumusta ang enforcer mo so far?
    Just read in the newspapers na COA has filed a report about the PNP’s complaints with their problematic enforcer units.
    Mukhang kumita ng malaki si alvarez. pacquiao kaya is an investor din sa mahindra?

Edit: mukhang scorpio pala PNP units. Just saw 1 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JJB; July 14th, 2018 at 03:11 PM.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I wonder what happened to those PNP Enforcer units. Are they really that bad? Or are they deliberately sabotaging the vehicles because they want more luxurious vehicles like the Hilux and Montero units I have been seeing lately? I cannot imagine a 2015 vehicle getting beat up this quickly, especially when the local motoring media gave it good reviews and that it is still actively used by police forces in other countries. I also wonder how it is they claim that it cannot do 100km/h with a 2.5 turbo engine, when an L300 with a 2.5 non turbo engine can do 140km/h.

The QC government bought lots of Foton Tornado trucks for barangay usage some years ago (I think around 2012 or so). They are still using them and the driver of one such patrol unit I encountered was actually quite satisfied with it. Does this mean the quality of Mahindra is worse than Chinese trucks?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I wonder what happened to those PNP Enforcer units. Are they really that bad? Or are they deliberately sabotaging the vehicles because they want more luxurious vehicles like the Hilux and Montero units I have been seeing lately? I cannot imagine a 2015 vehicle getting beat up this quickly, especially when the local motoring media gave it good reviews and that it is still actively used by police forces in other countries. I also wonder how it is they claim that it cannot do 100km/h with a 2.5 turbo engine, when an L300 with a 2.5 non turbo engine can do 140km/h.

The QC government bought lots of Foton Tornado trucks for barangay usage some years ago (I think around 2012 or so). They are still using them and the driver of one such patrol unit I encountered was actually quite satisfied with it. Does this mean the quality of Mahindra is worse than Chinese trucks?

bad maintenance siguro. dapat meron mobile team ang mahindra to do the maintenance, but i doubt that theyll be paid doing this.

budget rental has an awesome mobile maintenance team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bad maintenance siguro. dapat meron mobile team ang mahindra to do the maintenance, but i doubt that theyll be paid doing this.

budget rental has an awesome mobile maintenance team.

Bad maintenance has been a PNP habit since time immemorial. They trash everything they get their hands on even if it was Toyota or Isuzu. Ruined suspension I can understand. But I am appalled that some of the engines needed opening up already at this point. PNP should have had Mahindra on retainer for maintaining their billion peso fleet, and repairs like that should have been done under warranty since government policy should dictate that government vehicles should be casa maintained. Hmm... I wonder if these vehicles even have a standard 3 or 5 year warranty.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Bad maintenance has been a PNP habit since time immemorial. They trash everything they get their hands on even if it was Toyota or Isuzu. Ruined suspension I can understand. But I am appalled that some of the engines needed opening up already at this point. PNP should have had Mahindra on retainer for maintaining their billion peso fleet, and repairs like that should have been done under warranty since government policy should dictate that government vehicles should be casa maintained. Hmm... I wonder if these vehicles even have a standard 3 or 5 year warranty.

kawalan ng maintenance kung baket kailangan ng buksan ang mga makina. thats the only reason. air filter, engine lube and fuel filter. napaka basic. if these are not done properly then engines fail...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009

Poor upkeep and corruption (money bought for oils with receipts to satisfy COA regulations are converted back to cash by selling the oils instead of replacing the engine oil of the service vehicles)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast