New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Hey guys, was just browsing thru the classifieds lately and noticed that the pre-owned Cefiros are normally priced lower than those from other brands of the same year. A lot of times, the other brands are even the lower models, compared to Cefiro which is the higher-end supposedly of Nissan. I know there's the Elite & Classic, (any other?) models though not sure what engines/HPs these have. But the prices are ridiculously low compared to Accord, Camry, Galant(?)

Any comments why this may be so?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    malakas sa gas ang cefiro. that's the main reason why.

and the local scene typically looks down on nissans. that's why it sells much lower than the competition.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    155bhp 2.0 VQ V6 engine. Except for the later 3.0 V6 models.

Nissan in general has a lower resale value. Owing more to people's perception of the product rather than the quality of the product itself.

And with the rise in fuel prices, resale values of executive sedans have taken a nosedive.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    155bhp 2.0 VQ V6 engine. Except for the later 3.0 V6 models.

Nissan in general has a lower resale value. Owing more to people's perception of the product rather than the quality of the product itself.

And with the rise in fuel prices, resale values of executive sedans have taken a nosedive.
    +1

i think nasira yung perception ng public sa nissan after they released the box type sentra (the one before the LEC body)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Too bad, kasi compared with the other cars in its category, the Cefiro offers the most amenities and features.

I don't think the engine displacement is a factor...its competitors are also gas guzzlers. In the public's view, talagang mahina nga ang build quality ng mga Nissan

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Cefiro is bigger, heavier and more powerful... it's a guzzler even compared to the other mid-sizers.

Traditionally, mid-size (executive here only because taxes make them too expensive for regular joes) vehicles don't retain their value well, because:

- people who want "luxury" are more likely to buy new cars.
    - people who are buying secondhand usually don't have the budget to maintain a bigger car.
    -- after-effect - they sell it again after a while, at a lower price
    -- after-effect 2 - they don't spend enough on maintenance, the car becomes crappy, and it adds to the "unreliable" and "expensive" reputation of secondhand midsizers.
    - they're expensive to fuel up... hence, people don't want to buy them, hence, the prices go down even more.
    - the low prices encourage more low budget people to buy them, people who will then scrimp on maintenance and then resell a clunker with lots of problems at an even lower price.

It's a vicious cycle.

Oh, and the Cefiro is a Nissan. The box-type Sentra, despite the fact that lots of us have driven/ridden/owned them without any problems, had a bad reputation for quality and durability, which affected people's views of Nissans for a hell of a long time.

Some people just don't get the fact that Cefiro =/= box-type Sentra... just as they don't get the fact that Corolla =/= Innova...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Differences between Elite and Classic? What engines are available for the Cefiro for what year? Which year/model is the better? AT or Manual? Which year has the sunroof as a standard? I heard about Taiwan specs thing, not sure what year those are and if it's a bad thing.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Taiwan spec simply means we get the same features as Taiwan. Which usually means lots of bells and whistles (e.g. the Exalta) as opposed to more austere versions (e.g. the U.S. Sentra).

Classic is the Infiniti I30 lookalike (a badge kit was available to convert it to an Infiniti). Some had cloth seats, no cornering lamps, no moonroof, available m/t, less extensive woodtrim on dash, simpler audio system.

Elite is the one with the trunk mounted license plate, bigger grille, different wheels (either the sawblade ones or the Benz knockoffs), cornering lamps, leather, more wood, etc.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    hey guys, my friend is selling his stock 01 elite w/ sunroof. it's very well maintain but he bought it 2nd hand from a executive who needed to sell it lang cause his office was upgrading his car. it's casa maintain all the way till now w/ service records. now he wants to sell it to me cause he wants to upgrade too. he claims it does 6 to liter. parts are pricey daw but no major repairs pa naman. he's had it for 2yrs now. what do you guys think is a fair price. he asked me to make a offer. what should i say guys? can you suggest a minimum and maximum range. to be honest i have ridden in it and i have to admit it's fine ride

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    reasonable range would be about 600k to 650k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Why the Cefiro has low resale value?