New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    To all,

Please help.... I got a nisssan 2003 grandeur (matic). Problem is I experience stalling while driving or even when I'm idle.

I read some comments regarding MAF sensor... is there connection with my problem and with the sensor? I already replaced the 2 camshaft sensors. ALso, I had it tuned up and oil changed but no luck yet...

I need all of your expert's advice.

Just to show how desperate I am, you can contact me directly at 09209326233 or landline 8191596.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tuybok View Post
    To all,

Please help.... I got a nisssan 2003 grandeur (matic). Problem is I experience stalling while driving or even when I'm idle.

I read some comments regarding MAF sensor... is there connection with my problem and with the sensor? I already replaced the 2 camshaft sensors. ALso, I had it tuned up and oil changed but no luck yet...

I need all of your expert's advice.

Just to show how desperate I am, you can contact me directly at 09209326233 or landline 8191596.

Thanks
    i suggest invest then on having your ride checked at the CASA. have the SAs plug the Consult tool and they can assess the case and advise you what needs to be done. btw, what's your idle rpm?

the 750 you will invest sa Consult is worth it. sayang if you're trying to remedy the issue without really pinpointing first the main concern.

hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    try to check your O2 sensor and the temperature sensor. same problem with my ride. turns out nagmamalfunction radiator fan ko. hindi tumataas yung temp indicator sa panel pero yung radiator mismo pala mataas na temp na tubig sinusupply sa engine kaya namamatay while driving lalo na kapag naka-idle. yun yung sa akin. casa na bro para kita agad problem.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Another thing to do is to have the MAF sensor cleaned (its the sensor right after the air filter). You just have it removed then spray into the "hotwire" area with electric contact cleaner; be careful not to touch it though as its a sensitive part.

The MAF sensor on the QG16 engine is quite sensitive to dirt; it should be cleaned every 10,000kms or so coz if not, it results in poor acceleration at the high rpm range, engine knock (tope) and lower fuel mileage.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Have your mechanic clean the throttle body. I strongly suspect that to be the cause.

Had a Sentra before, although it was the B14, and yes, I know it's quite different from the Grandeur. Won't cost you more than 500 for the service, so it's not a great loss. Either way, you have a cleaner TB.

But my bet is that you have a dirty throttle body.

Nissan Grandeur