New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Good day Sirs

Just want to ask for some suggestions for shops who has expertise for Nissan X-trail.

We have T30 06', main concern is acceleration. RPM's abnormal like jerking even though stable ang tapak sa gas pedal. Situation is when traveling 0-40km/h, 40 up smooth na. Imagine ni-yuyugyog ka habang umaandar.

Our unit's well maintained- change oil, spark plugs, filters etc. Thinking of transmission problem?

Hope you can suggest shops whose expert overall with Nissan X-trail, preferably from south.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikezzz View Post
    Good day Sirs

Just want to ask for some suggestions for shops who has expertise for Nissan X-trail.

We have T30 06', main concern is acceleration. RPM's abnormal like jerking even though stable ang tapak sa gas pedal. Situation is when traveling 0-40km/h, 40 up smooth na. Imagine ni-yuyugyog ka habang umaandar.

Our unit's well maintained- change oil, spark plugs, filters etc. Thinking of transmission problem?

Hope you can suggest shops whose expert overall with Nissan X-trail, preferably from south.

Thanks!
    change oil? does that include the fluid in the transmission?

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    change oil? does that include the fluid in the transmission?
    Yes Sir. Transmission fluid's also done.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes Sir. Transmission fluid's also done.
    when was the last transmission fluid changed?

does the engine idle ok?

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    when was the last transmission fluid changed?

does the engine idle ok?
    Last change was few weeks ago, tho it was the first time changing it after reaching 105k kms. Service advisor (goodyear servitek) detected burnt smell that’s why he had it changed - which solved another problem - engine shutdown during inclined position (not sure tho if connected) but yeah engine doesn’t shuts down anymore.

I think engine idle is okay. Stays around 900-1000 rpm at idle state.

Just to add info, tried scanning it with OBD2 but no problems detected.

Thanks sir for the notice.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last change was few weeks ago, tho it was the first time changing it after reaching 105k kms. Service advisor (goodyear servitek) detected burnt smell that’s why he had it changed - which solved another problem - engine shutdown during inclined position (not sure tho if connected) but yeah engine doesn’t shuts down anymore.

I think engine idle is okay. Stays around 900-1000 rpm at idle state.

Just to add info, tried scanning it with OBD2 but no problems detected.

Thanks sir for the notice.
    I know the transmission fluid was changed recently, my question was when was the transmission fluid changed prior?

the transmission fluid needs changing every 24mo as per service booklet.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Good day Sirs

Thanks!
    Possible transmission.. did you scan for ecu errors? Pwede din faulty na yung ignition coils... or bad injector..

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    I know the transmission fluid was changed recently, my question was when was the transmission fluid changed prior?

Oh sorry sir, my bad. Not really sure if it was changed before since it was bought 2nd hand. Will check it..

Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    Possible transmission.. did you scan for ecu errors? Pwede din faulty na yung ignition coils... or bad injector..
    Yes sir already scanned. no error was found. will check on those 2 points.

Thanks sir!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

you are suspecting that may sira na yang transmission niya, dahil napabayaan ang previous pag-palits ng fluid?
    that even if he just recently changed fluid, may sira na nga?

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you are suspecting that may sira na yang transmission niya, dahil napabayaan ang previous pag-palits ng fluid?
    that even if he just recently changed fluid, may sira na nga?
    I am suspecting the same na may problem na yung transmission talaga kahit napalitan na ATF.

Nagtataka din ako dun sa sinabi na the car shuts off before while on an incline. But now, after ATF change wala na. If walang ibang fluid change na ginawa other than ATF, then would that imply the transmission was badly fluid starved kaya on an incline when fluid will rest on one side only, the transmission becomes dry. Don't know if the Xtrail has some sort of sensor that detect fluid starvation then shuts off engine automatically though.

Like yung sa 2004 Xtrail 2.0 ng brother ko, although "maintained" naman, basically nawawala na 4th gear. Or hindi na nakakagat ng transmission kaya top gear niya is only til 3rd gear. presently. But since exclusively city driving na lang dahil luma na, hindi na pinaayos. Wala din error lumabas sa scan nung chineck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast