New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I had found this article when I was "lurking" around w/ one of the biggest automotive community in the world- Automotive Forums and thought of sharing it w/ you bros.

I was actually quite fascinated w/ before pa on why it was considered the "Holy Grail" of Japanese Car Performance, especially w/ the help of video games and why it's the last car to be unlocked, and why western tuners go ga ga over Godzilla actually sparked heated debate when it's powerplant RB26DETT was used to replace an American muscle Mustang fastback in a Fast and Furious movie.

Besides Godzilla facts like it won 50 out of 50 official races, only race car that received 100kg weight penalty and still won, fastest AWD in the world..etc. etc. This article has some of the Godzilla facts that would make any supercar envious.

Here are some parts of the article:
    " [SIZE=2]Nissan executed their paper plan to perfection by using a computer to distribute torque between the four wheels in real time.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    The GT-R's history is filled with dominance in motorsports at every step to the point of being the cause of dissolving entire series and being banned from racing. No manufacturer in the world at that time could touch the GT-R.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    The GT-R's history is inspiring - it shows that perfection is possible. Nothing is impossible. The tag line for the car was "the wolf in a sheep's skin," but that quickly changed to "Godzilla" - although the car may not look like a sleek supercar, the signature intimidating front end tells the whole story - "I am the pinnacle of motorsports. I dominate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]..the RB26DETT was the first available production engine with oil-cooled pistons, individual throttle bodies, and various other tweaks. This kind of technology is only now beginning to be utilized by some of the rest - Porsche, BMW, and Ferrari - in their street cars. Mitsubishi and Subaru have finally come close to matching the electronic all-wheel-drive technology of the GT-R, 15 years later."

Here's the link: http://www.automotivearticles.com/12...line_gtr.shtml
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by N-nigma View Post
    I had found this article when I was "lurking" around w/ one of the biggest automotive community in the world- Automotive Forums and thought of sharing it w/ you bros.

I was actually quite fascinated w/ before pa on why it was considered the "Holy Grail" of Japanese Car Performance, especially w/ the help of video games and why it's the last car to be unlocked, and why western tuners go ga ga over Godzilla actually sparked heated debate when it's powerplant RB26DETT was used to replace an American muscle Mustang fastback in a Fast and Furious movie.

Besides Godzilla facts like it won 50 out of 50 official races, only race car that received 100kg weight penalty and still won, fastest AWD in the world..etc. etc. This article has some of the Godzilla facts that would make any supercar envious.

Here are some parts of the article:
    " [SIZE=2]Nissan executed their paper plan to perfection by using a computer to distribute torque between the four wheels in real time.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    The GT-R's history is filled with dominance in motorsports at every step to the point of being the cause of dissolving entire series and being banned from racing. No manufacturer in the world at that time could touch the GT-R.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]
    The GT-R's history is inspiring - it shows that perfection is possible. Nothing is impossible. The tag line for the car was "the wolf in a sheep's skin," but that quickly changed to "Godzilla" - although the car may not look like a sleek supercar, the signature intimidating front end tells the whole story - "I am the pinnacle of motorsports. I dominate.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]..the RB26DETT was the first available production engine with oil-cooled pistons, individual throttle bodies, and various other tweaks. This kind of technology is only now beginning to be utilized by some of the rest - Porsche, BMW, and Ferrari - in their street cars. Mitsubishi and Subaru have finally come close to matching the electronic all-wheel-drive technology of the GT-R, 15 years later."[/SIZE]
    Very wicked talaga GT-R. I know all about it's legendary heritage (thanks to my brother and he's p.s).. but some facts in this article I learned just now. Like this one- [SIZE=2]
    "This kind of technology is only now beginning to be utilized by some of the rest - Porsche, BMW, and Ferrari
    - in their street cars. Mitsubishi and Subaru have finally come close to matching the electronic all-wheel-drive technology of the GT-R, 15 years later."
    Hope I'll have enough money to buy the new R35 or even the R34 or R32 and convert it to perfection (not cut and weld cagayan style). Uhhhh... better call up my dad maybe I can "arrange" things w/ him.
    [/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Wooow! Another fact input on the Godzilla. It's show of might globally truly made it a legend. New racing rules were made bec. of this car. This is every rice boy's dream car and was called the supercar of the playstation generation.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There were five of these at the local Super Auto Bacs car show last week. Saw the first one that arrived the day prior, but on the day of the event there was not a single parking space vacant, it was so full people had to park in other lots and walk to the place.

With my own eyes, I can probably surmise that the GT-R is not the "look at me" kind of look. It's more "business as usual" kind of appeal, to me at least.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Actually, Americans even Europeans bow their heads to the GT-R when it whooped their muscle cars and supercars alike. I see they even used some of Godzilla power plant code nowadays. It kinda makes Japanese car manufacturers and enthusiasts proud actually.
    For me naman the GT-R kinda says "hey look at me! I'm doing business as usual.. and making it really damn good!"

6. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    The GTR is amazing, bang-for-buck. but dont forget about that Dodge Viper ACR. The Viper blitzed the ZR1 and the GTR around the Ring

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Galing naman

"A True Motorsports Legend..."