New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hello folks,

My 2001 Nissan Exalta was one of the flooded victims last September. Sa talyer, we just about repaired everything: starter, ECU, new distibutor etc. Somehow, we still cant get it to start. Rather than gumastos ulit sa piyesa, I'm thinking of getting the engine replaced nalang. Kaso ang quote sa amin nung isang shop around 40k na.

I need to ask here: meron po ba kayong mga alam na reputable shops na mas mura? I really hate to do this pero I'm going to sell Happy (pangalan ng car ko) right after repairing kaya the cheapest option is what i prefer.

Salamat po ng marami.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the engine actually turns over, you don't need to change the engine. Have all the electronics checked out thoroughly. It might be a ground in the immobilizer.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Thanks Niky. Actually, my mechanic mentioned that. Kaso sabi niya di niya daw kaya mag-check ng immobilizer. Casa lang daw yata.

Can this be replaced? Or repaired?

Actually, the best thing that could happen is to get the exact same car so we can trace the actual problem. Swap lang sana ng piyesa. Kaso suntok sa buwan, no one would want to lend or even rent out their cars. So i'm left to buying parts.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by agentk98 View Post
    Hello folks,

My 2001 Nissan Exalta was one of the flooded victims last September. Sa talyer, we just about repaired everything: starter, ECU, new distibutor etc. Somehow, we still cant get it to start. Rather than gumastos ulit sa piyesa, I'm thinking of getting the engine replaced nalang. Kaso ang quote sa amin nung isang shop around 40k na.

I need to ask here: meron po ba kayong mga alam na reputable shops na mas mura? I really hate to do this pero I'm going to sell Happy (pangalan ng car ko) right after repairing kaya the cheapest option is what i prefer.

Salamat po ng marami.
    Sana on the first place you got a new engine na lang, for that 40k amount you can get a much potent SR20DE complete na. Most of the submerged pips I know have their engine swapped also.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    HI, my series 3 was also flooded by Ondoy and I opted to change engine since natatagalan kami maghanap ng ECu and nag loss compression na yung makina. GA15de ang nabili ko. halos kamukha lang siya nung GA16DNE ng series 3. I think pepwede rin ito sa exalta. 20k ang kuwa ko ng makina. Baka mas mababa na ngayon kasi nde na ganon kataas ang demand unlike 3 months ago. Sama mo na 10-15k na labor ng change engine abutin ka nga siguro 40k kasi may mga miscellaneous pa yan.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Oo nga. If i'd had known I would have replaced it na before spending on anything else. I was hoping kaya pa i-repair. Sabay kami nung Rav4 ng dad ko nagpagawa. Rav4 namin after 4 days umandar na. Only damage was to the Auxiliary fan and clutch bearing. Pinalitan lang namin and it's been ok ever since. Pati alarm walang nangyari. They travel to Manila once a month from Pangasinan, back to normal condition sya.
    I guess I wasn't lucky with my Exalta.

Thanks for the tip on GA15DE. Ganon pa rin yata presyo ngayon eh. Saan ka bumili ng engine chief? Just so we have alternative prices. Magkano din and how long registration of the new engine sa LTO?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The engine is cranking? Did you check if the ECU you got is compatible?

If the engine is generally good then try to get it running before resorting to a swap. (SR20 seems really good though but it also entails time and patience and a mechanic familiar with the swap). Perhaps you can try getting some assistance from the Nissan CASA to run a diagnostic.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by agentk98 View Post
    Oo nga. If i'd had known I would have replaced it na before spending on anything else. I was hoping kaya pa i-repair. Sabay kami nung Rav4 ng dad ko nagpagawa. Rav4 namin after 4 days umandar na. Only damage was to the Auxiliary fan and clutch bearing. Pinalitan lang namin and it's been ok ever since. Pati alarm walang nangyari. They travel to Manila once a month from Pangasinan, back to normal condition sya.
    I guess I wasn't lucky with my Exalta.

Thanks for the tip on GA15DE. Ganon pa rin yata presyo ngayon eh. Saan ka bumili ng engine chief? Just so we have alternative prices. Magkano din and how long registration of the new engine sa LTO?

sa banawe ko po nakuwa yung makina. ok rin yung lakas niya parang mas responsive pa siya sa stock engine ng series 3.

PHP3500 inabot ng registration ng change engine ko. 1 week lang kasi kumpleto na yung mga papeles kasi medyo matagal na nakstock yung makina dun sa surplusan. dami ko na rin nagastos sa oto ko dahil sa baha. nagpalit na rin kasi ako ng clutch at battery at kung ano ano pa.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    *Colt: Kasama na tranny sa package? Matic ba o manual yong kasama sa GA15DE?

Thanks.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    *Colt: Kasama na tranny sa package? Matic ba o manual yong kasama sa GA15DE?

Thanks.
    nde po kasama yung tranny dun sa 20k e. so ginamit ko nalang yung tranny nung dati ko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Repairing my submerged Nissan Exalta STA