New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005

At this year’s Detroit Auto Show, Nissan showed its next generation Nissan Sentra sedan, which will be released later this year as a 2007 model. However, one car that didn't make an appearance was the sporty Sentra SE-R. These spy photos now capture an SE-R prototype as it undergoes hot weather testing in the US southwest.

The new Sentra’s styling is far more modern than the rounded shape of the current Sentra. Crisp angles, fender flares, and a broad arching roofline give the new Sentra an entirely new look. The new SE-R is differentiated from the standard Sentra by a bolder front airdam, bigger wheels and performance tires, and a rear deck spoiler lip at the top of the trunk lid. The SE-R also gets more power and beefier brakes than standard Sentras. It is anticipated that the new SE-R will be introduced in early 2007.

---JCF.com

Sometime in 2007, Nissan hopes to recapture a bit of its past glory with the new Sentra SE-R.

The Sentra SE-R of the early 1990s was a revelation, offering a driving experience engaging enough to inspire comparisons to BMW's legendary 2002. Its clean, unadorned styling and surprisingly potent performance made it a real sleeper.

The new SE-R might not match that two-door's basic goodness, but it looks ready to try. The new car's body kit consists of a slightly more aggressive front bumper, and subtle side sills that wrap around the lower the rear bumper as well. The impact on the Sentra's rather awkward take on the Maxima and Altima design theme is minimal, but the chunky wheel/tire combination helps to signal this particular Sentra's performance intentions.

This prototype was caught on the public roads on its way to Germany 's Nürburgring racetrack, so it was fully equipped with the performance components destined for the SE-R, including upgraded brakes with calipers emblazoned with the SE-R logo.

A new, all-aluminum 2.0-liter four-cylinder will be under the hood of the base Sentra coming out this fall, but just what engine this SE- R will have is currently unknown, and depends just how high Nissan plans to aim with this model. We're curious if Nissan can resurrect the good vibes of the early 1990s edition.

---thecarconnection.com

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bleeech... the previous gen looked way better.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Agree. But it was old fashioned. I'm waiting to see what Nissan can do with this.

I've seen that "new Sentra" body previously, but I'm still struck by how awkward it is... even now. Hopefully Nissan can pull off a facelift miracle like Honda did with the Civic Si.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    The rear is somewhat Optra-ish??? :-/

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

The version before that was WAY way WAY way better.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The B13 (ECCS body) SE-R's really rocked. Wolf in sheep's clothing talaga.

As for this one? I'm not quite sure. The market is a bit saturated with these pocket rockets right now.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Nissan B13 and B14 Sentra SE-R were the "classic"...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ooooh, a heads-up by no other than the Sentra lover!

This model looks promising, apparently more attractive than any of its predecessors, but doesn't seem to be as flashy as the Civic, and I'm pretty sure the new Corolla's designers won't take things sitting down. Power should be near its competitors' levels in order for it to win a good deal of fans.

Sentras have been decent cars, and second-hand ones (at least here) are practically a steal, easily the best bang-for-buck. But sadly, none have ever since earned top spot. Though I still believe this new design won't surpass what Honda (and later Toyota) will have to offer, Nissan might just be on its way there.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    what the heck is it with the mazda 3-ish c pillars and hind quarters?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mukang hyundai accent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R spy shots