New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi, Sir Mam, Need some help, how can i, or what can i do to save some gas from may Nissan LEC Ps Model? What should i do, Hope any one can help me on in. Tnx in advance. Carb engine
    Last edited by bounds30; August 27th, 2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: additional info

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ... errr... use your car less?
    seriously, you might want to start playing with the jets. experiment with smaller jet size. but i don't know where you can get 'em anymore.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bounds30 View Post
    Hi, Sir Mam, Need some help, how can i, or what can i do to save some gas from may Nissan LEC Ps Model? What should i do, Hope any one can help me on in. Tnx in advance. Carb engine

You can cut your fuel costs by 1/3 to almost 1/2 by converting to Auto-LPG. The savings vary depending the the price difference between gasoline & lpg during the year.

A carb type conversion to auto-lpg should be between 14K to 18K. Depending on your amount of use, the conversion can pay for itself (in cost savings) between a year to two years.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You can cut your fuel costs by 1/3 to almost 1/2 by converting to Auto-LPG. The savings vary depending the the price difference between gasoline & lpg during the year.

A carb type conversion to auto-lpg should be between 14K to 18K. Depending on your amount of use, the conversion can pay for itself (in cost savings) between a year to two years.
    whoa... mura na lang ha... i think it used to be 25-30K for carb cars di ba sir GH?

i wonder how much for EFI V6 cefiros?

to the threadstarter:

dude ganyan yata talaga nissan sentra na carburator pa ang fuel system. nagkameron din kami nyan, ex saloon nga lang, parang LEC din with power steering nga lang.

i had one of the carb expert guys in kamuning replace the carburettor jets with smaller ones and then tune the engine to run lean, that is, more air but less fuel.

tumipid nga, pero ang panget ng takbo. parang taxi na karag-karag. if you can live with this, then eto pagawa mo.

else, you can just ensure na malinis lagi ang air filter mo (carb cars are sensitive like that), laging tune up, palit ng mas malabnaw na langis (10w-30 will do) at magmaneho ng mahinahon.

5. Join Date
    May 2008
    lower engine oil weight might cause the engine to run hotter specially in older engines. if this happens, you can try cooler plugs but with the ethanol/gasoline blend, the engine will probably be sluggish. try lowering the a/c thermostat to half the range.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    tnx sir any sudjestion on engine? to save more on it

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I've always thought that LEC-PS Sentras were DOHC 16 valve EFI's. Or is it only pertaining to the earlier models? I have a relative who owns one, and its true that it consumes quite a lot for a 1.3 liter. As for fuel saving, I'd say shift earlier (perhaps you can invest in an aftermarket tach), take it easy with the right foot, get the right tire pressure for your car and clean/replace the filters. That should help you save some. BTW, what kind of FC do you get?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tune the carb and clean it regularly. The issue with the carbureted 1.3 is that they're sensitive to running condition. I had to clean mine every oil change.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fuel saving tips.

1. Keep your engine tuned-up always.
    2. Clean your air cleaner.
    3. Make sure your tire pressures are adequate.
    4. Be easy on the accelerator pedal. If you can maintain your speed below 100 kph.
    5. Plan your trip and choose the shortest route to your destination.
    6. Avoid abrupt lane changes on the highway.
    7. If possible turn your A/C off.
    8. Gas up with the cheaper Petron Pinoy Gasoline (88 octane). I recall your generation 2 Sentra can use a minimum 87 octane of gasoline.
    9. Minimize the weight of your car.
    10. Use public transportation or be with a carpool.

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    tnx to all sir that reply one last question? if i cahnge the jettings and i strangel a litel bit, is it ok? and do we have hir in manila a active nissan sentra club?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast