New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi guys,kumusta na kayo dyan,may itanong lang sana ako tungkol sa nissan terrano at old pathfinder na us version.anong pagkakaiba nila? . like engine,transmission,suspension,para kasing pareho lang ang body style nila eh.pls.kailangan ko lang ang sagot ninyo.thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Both are built on what the factory calls the D21 platform. Which is also where the Eagle pick up is built on.

U.S. version was either the 3.0 V6 or the 2.4 inline-4. Both were EFI gas engines. Local Terranos were either a carb'ed 2.4 or a 2.7 diesel.

U.S. Pathfinders were sold in a number of configurations including a three door. All local Terranos were 5 door wagons. Fender flares, chrome front bumper, and rear tire carrier were also optional equipment in the U.S. (AFAIK, you'd have to order SE trim level to get those items). Said items were standard in the Philippines.

Calmini in the U.S. sells upgrade parts for D21 vehicles.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    doc otep is right, we have the 88 3.0 V6 3-door pathfinder SE 4x4 with about 155,000 miles on it. it's got the ff:
    • lo & hi 4x4 mode
    • selectable: touring or sport mode suspension system
    • selectable: power or economy 4 A/T system
    • rear mounted spare tire carrier
    • tilt-capable sun/moonroof (though not retractable)
    • cruise control
    • all power configuration (i.e. windows, side mirrors, tilt steering, door locks)
    • seat belts (i guess nissan hasn't introduced ABS or Airbags during those times yet)
    Said pathfinder was previously used by my bayaw but my byenan traded it with our VW Jetta TDI since my bayaw does a lot of long distance driving. My only concern with the pathfinder is the lack of ABS (i.e. i already skidded once under heavy breaking, glad i hit nothing) and the desert thirsty engine which gives us only between 15-17 mpg .

Then, when my byenans moved to another state, they left the pathfinder to us. So, along with our 93 Toyota Previa with about 255,000 miles on it and about 18 mpg, we have 2 very much used (translation: already showing their age) & thirsty cars.

Solution: We recently got the 2007 3.3 V6 Hyundai Sonata SE for about $500 cheaper than a well-equipped 2007 Toyota Corolla S. And with initial consumption of about 22 mpg, it drives like a dream! :2thumbsup:

Sorry po at :offtopic: na towards the last part.

:peace:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The USDM have different rear differentials, and they also come with rear disc brakes comapred to drum brakes of the local version.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Different:

engines, interiors, dashboards, fairings, front grill, bumpers, gearing ratio, spare tire mount for some models ...

Nissan Terrano and Pathfinder USA