New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    san ba nakakabili ng folding / foldable bike? gusto ko sanang bumili para pwedeng ilagay sa trunk ng kotse.
    magkano yung price ng ganun?
    salamat

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    san kaya nakakabili ng folding / foldable bike dito? gusto ko sana ng ganung bike para pwedeng ilagay sa likod ng trunk ng kotse eh. and to save up space.
    tsaka, magkano kaya yun?
    thanks

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    san po kaya nakakabili ng folding / foldable bikes? gusto ko sana magkaron nito para pwedeng ilagay sa likod ng kotse. tsaka magkano kaya ito? thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Here is what I found on the net sir.

http://www.ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=260167037126

But I think, meron pa mas maganda!

Like this one, which I believe is more expensive. You can order one via the internet. Search mo lang Hummer Bikes.

Found another one from PinoyMTB site, I think this is BNEW. Contact him nalang since ayaw mag load pics nya eh. "interested buyers may contact 09174044356"
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    May bike shop sa Megamall Bldg A basement kahelera ng Brownies store malapit sa elevator. IIRC may nakita akong foldable bikes doon. Don't know about the price though.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eto maganda.

http://www.a-bike.co.uk/store/store_homepage.php

If you got the money, di lang sa trunk kakasya ito, pati backpack mo.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marami ako nakikita sa mga sportshouse sa malls...more or less 5k or lower siguro ang price....try tobys

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ganda nung sa hummer ah hehe full blown mtb talaga

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes View Post
    ganda nung sa hummer ah hehe full blown mtb talaga
    Yup! They use it in the army daw eh...

Since the 1980s, Montague has provided full-size folding bicycles to various divisions of the military.

In 1997, under a grant from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), Montague partnered with the US Marines to develop the Tactical Electric No Signature (TENS) Mountain Bike. For this project, Montague developed a new folding frame design called the X-Series™, integrating the F.I.T.™ system into the frame design. The non-electric version of the TENS Mountain Bike, named The Paratrooper®, became available shortly thereafter.

The F.I.T.™(Folding Integrated Technology) system was developed to allow a full-size, high-performance mountain bike to fold in half so that it could fit through the cargo door of a military aircraft with a paratrooper. When the soldier would hit the ground, he or she would have a tactical mountain bike to use as transportation, thereby bridging the gap between walking and deploying heavy military vehicles. This would not only aid in transportation but it would help to facilitate battlefield reporting as well.

The Paratrooper® is a full-size mountain bike that can traverse terrain silently at high speeds with no thermal or acoustic radar signature - key components when trying to avoid the enemy. The Paratrooper® offers up to 500 pounds of load hauling capability and it does not need gasoline. It has enhanced off-body load bearing capabilities, a high level of maneuverability, and can compact to a portable size in less than 30 seconds. The bikes are indeed used in conjunction with LAV’s (Light Armored Vehicles) and HMMWV’s as back up transportation and they also help to facilitate battlefield reporting.

It became clear that the folding technology found on bikes developed for the U.S. Military could be used in the civilian world as well, as these bikes began turning up in car trunks, closets, and a host of other places where conventional non-folding bikes could not fit. By popular demand the military bikes made their way into civilian use.

For more information, please visit us at www.militarybikes.com
    Here's the link:
    http://www.hummerbikes.com/

My friend has one, totally upgraded the whole thing, and its freakin expensive like more than a 100K!
    Last edited by drey; October 17th, 2007 at 07:05 PM.
    iam3739.com

[merged] san nakakabili ng folding bike?