New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Let's just say I'm new in biking, then I have a very decent budget to buy a motorcycle. Can you tell me what motorbike ay OK na OK para sa mga beginners or rookies?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leopaul View Post
    Let's just say I'm new in biking, then I have a very decent budget to buy a motorcycle. Can you tell me what motorbike ay OK na OK para sa mga beginners or rookies?
    What's the eventual purpose? Do you want to move up to a big bike eventually?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Beginners Newbies as in haven't tried motrcycle before?

first thing first consider the following:

Purpose : everyday use, weekend warrior, leisure, etc

as niky have said, are you planning later to upgrade into a much bigger displacement bike (spotsbike, cruiser, offroad, touring, or a bigger displacement scooters)?

as a beginner you may choose on the following type of bikes

Scooter
    Underbone
    Pantra type
    mini Sports bike

Halos lahat na scooter at underbone ay ok na ok better if you can visit the dealer and try to feel the ride by trying to sit on the bike itself.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Paano ka Newbie ka? Saan ka nag-aral mag-motor? I suggest you enroll sa Honda driving school. Doon you have a choice of automatic or manual shifting na motorcycles during your lesson and can help you decide. Siguro, if you plan to move to bigger bikes you can choose the manual type kasi halos lahat ng medium to big bikes dito are the manual type. Also you learn a lot of safety habits doon sa Honda driving school.

My friend who is a biker told me that automatic big bikes used to be sold here but there was no big demand. Kaya halos lahat ng big bikes na binebenta dito ay manual shifting.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Zero riding experience? Try the smaller 70cc 4-stroke twist-n-go scooters. They're usually China-made. Perfect for noobs 'coz they're very light. Extremely maneuverable. Parts are generic, so it's fairly easy to get 'em repaired. Those scooters look like this:

I didn't recommend getting a Mio, 'coz it's fairly quick and responsive; not advisable for a noob rider. Slower = better for this case.

If the noob rider has basic knowledge of shifting gears, try the Wave 100R. Comfy riding position, but a bit heavier than the one above.

And it's all downhill from here...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung bago ka pa lang mas maigi na magaral ka ng basic driving school napuna ko kasi kaya maraming disgrasya sa motor basta may pang down payment ka pwede ka ng mag motor kahit hindi ka pa marunong. Scooter ang pinakamadaling pagaralan ng baguhan at saka ka na lang magpalit pagbihasa ka na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since newbie, may bike ba na kasama balancers?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kung motorsiklo tatanungin mo wala pa akong nakikitang may balancer maliban na magpagawa ka magpasadya para rito.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're an absolute newb, I'd go for a Wave-type bike rather than a small-wheeled scooter. Motorbikes with taller wheels are easier to balance at low speeds.

If you're ever going to move up... get one with a sequential manual, to get used to it. If scooters are as far as you will go... just get an automatic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    If you're an absolute newb, I'd go for a Wave-type bike rather than a small-wheeled scooter. Motorbikes with taller wheels are easier to balance at low speeds.

If you're ever going to move up... get one with a sequential manual, to get used to it. If scooters are as far as you will go... just get an automatic.
    when i was a newbie, i started to borrow a Wave type of underbone from our messenger and guard. i tried it twice then i bought R150... it relly isn't that hard to drive a motorcycle if you knew how to ride a bicycle... your skills will develop eventually... nasa iyo na yun kung paano ka magdrive... i am not saying na you are not better with driving schools, but what i am saying is that kahit sa driving schools ka pa mag aral... if you wanna break rule and be reckless then you'd always be like that... attitude makes a Big Difference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What bike is OK for the newbies?