New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Hello everyone! I just like to ask if it's ok to use an All-Purpose Oil to a cone-type Simota Air Filter.

I have learned that aside from washing with dishwashing soap and water (opting for a more budgeted way) once dry, a little amount of oil should be sprayed to the filter. This will help catch the dust because they will stick to the oil. So I am thinking if its ok to use an All-purpose Oil like Singer brand instead of purchasing the whole cleaning kit which is a bit expensive. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel_tskot View Post
    Hello everyone! I just like to ask if it's ok to use an All-Purpose Oil to a cone-type Simota Air Filter.

I have learned that aside from washing with dishwashing soap and water (opting for a more budgeted way) once dry, a little amount of oil should be sprayed to the filter. This will help catch the dust because they will stick to the oil. So I am thinking if its ok to use an All-purpose Oil like Singer brand instead of purchasing the whole cleaning kit which is a bit expensive. Thanks in advance.
    Wd40 gamit ng iba dati. Basta maspray mo

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Wd40 gamit ng iba dati. Basta maspray mo

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    Thanks sa advise Sir