New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    There is a strong possibility that the new Montero Sport vgt 5sp Auto SE will get Active Stability Control and/or Mitsubishi Multi Communication System together with SAT Nav and reversing camera. Of course there it is possible that it will get neither.

Given the choice; If I was living in colder climates I would take the former; but here in The Philippines the latter is more appealing to me. My last two cars in Europe had stability control and proved a great asset in snowy or icy conditions. But to be honest the traction light seldom blinked other than in extreme conditions even during heated driving.

What would your choice be if you were in the market for this car??????

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Active Stability Control is the better option, safety comes first considering the Montero Sport has a high center of gravity. Plus you can always have Sat/Nav and reverse camera installed but you can't do that with Active Stability Control.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While the Montero is very predictable and stable compared to its classmates, stability control is often a pretty good idea on any tall vehicle, to prevent spins or roll-overs in slippery situations. We may not have snow here, but driving during the typhoon season can be treacherous.

Of course... the toys will attract more buyers, but it's not unreasonable to hope that you can get both on the top-of-the-line Montero Sport.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...