New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Hello Mga Sirs/Ma'ams,

Need your input lang ano ba magandang i-upgrade sa unit na ito? Fog Lamps, Headlight, Horn, Mags, Tint? Salamat sa inputs!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Brand new ba to o 2nd hand? May concerns ba with warranty?

Usually I'd start with HID, foglamps if there are none and horn if it sounds like a motorcycle's. If the seats are fabric, I'd immediately spring for leatherette seatcovers. Touchscreen HU with backup camera is also a good purchase. Dashcam is a must, of course. The rest I'd upgrade if the existing needs replacement.

How much is the budget for upgrades though?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GTi; August 1st, 2017 at 05:28 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Upgrade on something useful and stay away from useless accessories.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Nothing ... seriously.

The less you fidget with the car, its electronics, appearance, etc. what-have-you, the more you can command for a better price once you decide to sell it after 4-5 years (or earlier).

Just maintain it religiously, cleaned, waxed, interior smelling fresh.

THEN, upgrade to a better car. An Altis perhaps? Or a Civic? ... Or an SUV!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Nothing ... seriously.

The less you fidget with the car, its electronics, appearance, etc. what-have-you, the more you can command for a better price once you decide to sell it after 4-5 years (or earlier).

Just maintain it religiously, cleaned, waxed, interior smelling fresh.

THEN, upgrade to a better car. An Altis perhaps? Or a Civic? ... Or an SUV!
    I have a G4 GLS. First thing I bought is a dashcam integrated to the rearview camera. No need to replace the HU, It's already Touch screen with built in GPS.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by leninmac View Post
    I have a G4 GLS. First thing I bought is a dashcam integrated to the rearview camera. No need to replace the HU, It's already Touch screen with built in GPS.
    We were able to integrate the rearview cam to the AVT touchscreen on our 1st-gen GLS hatch. It's a bit slow to react though. Don't know with the newer models if there was an improvement in the HU.

Good tints will go a long way especially with the Mirage's thin glass. Next I will go for a simple speaker upgrade that will go into the stock mounts.

Keep it as close to stock as possible if you're not planning to keep it for a long time. I'm in the market for a used car and the first thing I look for (aside from the interior and exterior appearance) are extra wires that are haphazardly installed.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    We were able to integrate the rearview cam to the AVT touchscreen on our 1st-gen GLS hatch. It's a bit slow to react though. Don't know with the newer models if there was an improvement in the HU.

Good tints will go a long way especially with the Mirage's thin glass. Next I will go for a simple speaker upgrade that will go into the stock mounts.

Keep it as close to stock as possible if you're not planning to keep it for a long time. I'm in the market for a used car and the first thing I look for (aside from the interior and exterior appearance) are extra wires that are haphazardly installed.
    Got mine last year. It already came with the rear cam integrated in the HU.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    thanks sir *GTi, brand new po mirage 2016 G4 GLX CVT. That's what i thought so, HID, fogs and horns are my priorities prior to posting this thread. Any recommended shops for HID and fogs so as horns? thanks!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    sir *Egan101, when you say useful, HLs, fogs, horn and the likes? since i believe, consumables or electrical warranty for new cars now is 1 year, you think it is quite practical to have it done outside casa? i got my unit early March 2017 by the way. Thanks!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2017
    sir *lowslowbenz, hmmm, i thought it's the other way around because of the upgrades you did sa car baliktad pala anyhow, i was thinking of getting the altis and vios (both DUAL VVT-i back then kaso, di kaya ng budget so i opted for a sedan type ng Mirage which is G4. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast