New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    To all new 2010 Advie owner, any feedback po regarding your new baby? we are also planning to get our own (1st family car) this week.

Marami ksi ko nabasa dito na mas gusto innova and xwin over advie...

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Sana di pa late ito, but here're my observations re: Advie 2010

Pros:
    1. Indeed, reliable engine;
    2. Nice breaking power. I was running at 80Kph just an hour ago when a
    darn truck cut my path. Sudden break while steering to the left to avoid collission. Nice response. Almost shot the bastard ;
    3. Decent fuel economy. 14 km/l * ave. 90 kph;
    4. Old school engine. If you intend to have the car for keeps, your maintenance expenses will be lesser;

Cons:
    1. Old school diesel. There are times i feel like whipping it kasi mahina sa sudden overtake maneuvers (nasanay ako sa gas car;
    2. Max speed 140 kph (dismal by today's standards);
    3. Design is old, but the 2010 looks macho;
    4. Noisy compared to turbo DIDs but silent compared to Xwind and other old school diesels;
    5. No pogi points, pure utilitarian.

If you were to get a gas vehicle, get the Innova gas. If Diesel, get the Advie if you want a value for money people carrier. If pamporma, there are tons around.

As to its alarm, don't expect much for the 2010 Advie. It's virtually useless even after mine got "fixed".

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    agree ako sa mga pros and cons except sa top speed.
    i run at 150kph at 3500 rpm sa NLEX from marilao going to manila.
    reached 150 after passing malinta exit. could have gone higher if not for the build-up ahead.
    as to porma, daming accessories to porma-lize ung 2010 advie.
    i think mas madali syang i-porma kesa sa x-wind and innova.
    GLX sakin, ngpakabit ako ng alarm and central lock kasi di nga raw maganda ung MMAS (Mits. Mot. Alarm System) n nka-install sa GLS at super sport.
    hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^^ Qualify ko lang sir yung top speed ko'ng 140. Yun pa lang kasi naabot ng advie ko, and I didn't want to put too much strain on its engine by speeding further. I'm sure it could have gone faster though.

By the way, the alarm of the 2010 GLS Sport really suck, pero ganun din yung sa Dmax ng bro ko so tingin ko di "nag-iisa" ang Advie GLS Sport na palpak ang stock alarm.

Nonetheless, the Advie is still value for money if one aims for a relatively cheap and practical people carrier.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    guys just bought my 2010 glx advie and im planning to get an alarm installed. is the alarm to be installed at the casa really not that good? i asked the SA if i can get one installed outside but he said it would void the warranty. electrical daw kc. any wisdom to share to noob?^^

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d_regino View Post
    guys just bought my 2010 glx advie and im planning to get an alarm installed. is the alarm to be installed at the casa really not that good? i asked the SA if i can get one installed outside but he said it would void the warranty. electrical daw kc. any wisdom to share to noob?^^
    Yes warranty is a concern - this was experienced by a friend; na void ang warranty niya....

May price tag talaga ang peace of mind, pakabit ka sa casa may different brand naman sila like to Code Alarm and not the MMC Stock alarm if may issue siya talag. It is just me though..

GLS Sports -- Good feedback, have friends and relatives who until now enjoy their Adventure. Try to visit the MAC (Mit Adventure Forum), you can google it and read the pros and cons for this kind of rig.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d_regino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marcdom88 View Post
    Sana di pa late ito, but here're my observations re: Advie 2010

Pros:
    1. Indeed, reliable engine;
    2. Nice breaking power. I was running at 80Kph just an hour ago when a
    darn truck cut my path. Sudden break while steering to the left to avoid collission. Nice response. Almost shot the bastard ;
    3. Decent fuel economy. 14 km/l * ave. 90 kph;
    4. Old school engine. If you intend to have the car for keeps, your maintenance expenses will be lesser;

Cons:
    1. Old school diesel. There are times i feel like whipping it kasi mahina sa sudden overtake maneuvers (nasanay ako sa gas car;
    2. Max speed 140 kph (dismal by today's standards);
    3. Design is old, but the 2010 looks macho;
    4. Noisy compared to turbo DIDs but silent compared to Xwind and other old school diesels;
    5. No pogi points, pure utilitarian.

If you were to get a gas vehicle, get the Innova gas. If Diesel, get the Advie if you want a value for money people carrier. If pamporma, there are tons around.

As to its alarm, don't expect much for the 2010 Advie. It's virtually useless even after mine got "fixed".
    +1 for this

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    * d_boss
    thx for the reply sir^^.

Feedback New 2010 Adventure GLS Sport