New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Good day to everyone. I just want to share my experience with my new mitsubishi mirage glx manual, three months palang cya may lagutok sa reverse gear. para siyang grinding sound when shifted to reverse gear. dinala namin sa kasa para macheck, so pinalitan nila young clutch cable. However nandun pa rin yung grinding sound sa reverse gear. Can anyone help me, if you might experienced the same with your car? Disappointing kasi to see my new car being checked despite at its fresh state. can I request for a replacement na lang kaya of the unit since bago pa naman ciya or request to replace the transmission. SOS! please!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Garetz View Post
    Good day to everyone. I just want to share my experience with my new mitsubishi mirage glx manual, three months palang cya may lagutok sa reverse gear. para siyang grinding sound when shifted to reverse gear. dinala namin sa kasa para macheck, so pinalitan nila young clutch cable. However nandun pa rin yung grinding sound sa reverse gear. Can anyone help me, if you might experienced the same with your car? Disappointing kasi to see my new car being checked despite at its fresh state. can I request for a replacement na lang kaya of the unit since bago pa naman ciya or request to replace the transmission. SOS! please!
    I seriously doubt if the problem lies with the clutch cable. The problem might be more related to the shifter linkage if it uses a linkage mechanism for shifting. If it was either improperly adjusted or had abnormal wear, it can change the way the gears engage when you shift into certain gears.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    No, they won't replace your car with a new one just because you've got a clunky reverse gear. Even the probability of replacing the entire transmission is nil.

Other people have had much worse problems with their brand new cars and got zilch.