New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    howsit chaps!

been living in SA since I was 12 yrs... but anyways... pinoy pa rin!

Bought a 1996 NJ Pajero about 3 months ago... so far enjoying it!

My Mods so Far:
    OME Suspension
    31x10.5x15 Cooper STT's
    Dual Battery System
    Roof Rack

Here is a photo:

Aftermarket stuff for Mitsi's are not easy to come by here... and if they are.. masyadong mahal... taga kami ng mga dealer.

So you guys back home will probably more clued up... Mainly I want to improve engine performance and offroad availability. What kind of stuff is available for the Paj back home?

Might be going home for xmas so need to compile a shopping list

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can have body lifts, suspension stuff, snorkels, etc.

But if you're going to order overseas, it might be better to order direct from the land of off-roading, Australia! hehehe.

We also have a lot of 'bling' stuff here like European parts (Euro grilles, taillamps, etc.) for the Pajero.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Cool!

Not really into the bling stuff though... I'm planning trips into africa so the thing has to be reliable

Oh yeah, anyone here with any experience on the JAOS battlez suspension stuff? They sell the assist kit with low profile bump stops. I need more articulation in front, as can be seen from the pic (taken this weekend) . SAS conversion is too expensive at the moment!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Get a fuel container and Spot Lamps or Driving Lights.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MockTurtle
    howsit chaps!

So you guys back home will probably more clued up... Mainly I want to improve engine performance and offroad availability. What kind of stuff is available for the Paj back home?

Might be going home for xmas so need to compile a shopping list
    Guys, he's asking about having more punch than looking great. IMO, thats what you really need when off-roading - not a fancy wheels or blings.

To MockTurtle:
    Do you have a diesel or gas engine?
    Last edited by airshaq20; October 17th, 2005 at 11:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shaq,
    I'm just telling him what we have locally. If he's going for an overseas order, Oz would make more sense since that's where our off-road stuff comes from.

Low pro bumpstops? I just hacked mine. Worked the same as those expensive 'branded' ones. The only guy I know with a JAOS suspension is Angelo of 4x4wire.com

Here's my rig in action in Mt. Maarat:

Those are 33x12.5R15's I have coil spring spacers and the t-bars cranked.

Here's KCboy's rig, we share almost the same set up but he has new rear coils:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    That's right airshaq20. The paj really gets punished in the bush so cosmetic stuff i don't really care for.

Its got a 3.5 V6 petrol engine. petrol = gasoline.

btw. I see u drive an Audi as well. Nice. I also have an Audi as my daily drive - a 2004 A3 2.0TDI (diesel).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    NICE rig OTEP!

So what did you have to do to get those 33"s fitted?

I know I said no bling, but KCBoy's grille + bumper just looks too cool!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MockTurtle
    That's right airshaq20. The paj really gets punished in the bush so cosmetic stuff i don't really care for.

Its got a 3.5 V6 petrol engine. petrol = gasoline.

btw. I see u drive an Audi as well. Nice. I also have an Audi as my daily drive - a 2004 A3 2.0TDI (diesel).

Force induction is the sure way to go - go supercharger so you'll get power from the bottom (where you need it most when you're off-roading) - you wont get that much benefit from turbocharging since it will take a few thousand RPMs before you get a decent spool.

If you have a stick transmission - then, try upgrading the clutch too.

Niceeee A3 - you guys are lucky - we dont have Audi diesels here. Got any pics?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mine still has some minor rubbing at full lock which can be remedied by some new (and rather expensive) wheels.

I just put in a 1" coil spacer and cranked the front t-bars to lift the truck.

KCboy also has a reinforced front skidplate. You can actually jack the truck using his skidplate. Not in the photo is the recently installed snorkel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hello from South Africa (Mitsi Pajero Advice)