New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Good day, we are looking for a family car and the mitsubishi adventure seems to be the right thing for us. Its compact size and cargo/seating capacity really appeal to us plus it is not as expensive as the others. We are wondering, though, due to its narrow width relative to its height, how stable it is especially when cornering. Can somebody help us get an idea how good is its road handling? Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    The engine, transmission and differential sit low in the chassis. This determines the vehicle's center of gravity and stability more than its height/width. I recently got one and comparing it to a car, body sway is more noticeable but not very concerning. Just don't try to drift it and you and your family will be fine.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by driverdas2010 View Post
    Good day, we are looking for a family car and the mitsubishi adventure seems to be the right thing for us. Its compact size and cargo/seating capacity really appeal to us plus it is not as expensive as the others. We are wondering, though, due to its narrow width relative to its height, how stable it is especially when cornering. Can somebody help us get an idea how good is its road handling? Thank you.
    Why ask for it's handling? Anyway, a hard turn/steer going at around 60kph above is already risky. You are not going to race I assume. With proper driving, your family would be fine.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    The engine, transmission and differential sit low in the chassis. This determines the vehicle's center of gravity and stability more than its height/width. I recently got one and comparing it to a car, body sway is more noticeable but not very concerning. Just don't try to drift it and you and your family will be fine.

Thank you for the reply. How about when going downhill, like coming down the zigzag roads from Baguio, what should be the safe speed that it can handle along the curves? (Baguio is the first place we will go)