New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    greetings mga peeps,im on the market for a 4x4 rig right now and i've set my sights on the mitsu pajero.i particularly liked the gen. 2's tonka look but not its ageing 4d56.now the question is,
    should i go for a gen. 2 and have an engine upgrade[4m40] or bite the bullet and go for a gen.2.5 fieldmaster?which is the cheaper way to go?,and are all fieldmaster variants uses the same 4m40 powerplant?
    thank you and more power to tsikot, you're doing a really wonderful job!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bite the bullet man!
    go for the Gen 2.5

how much is your budget?

pm mo si woodfire, nag engine swap na yan 4d56tdic to 4m40tdic

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga 850-900 thou lang sir

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pasok na pasok ang budget mo for a Pajero Gen 2.5 Fender Blister 4x4 Fieldmaster (ang haba ng model name he..he)

yung dad ng bayaw ko nakabili 950K last 4 four months ago.
    and also medyo sariwa pa yan dahil bago pa unlike mga tonka 6years old na ang pinakamodelo.

good luck happy hunting...and happy trails

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    o pwede rin hintayin mo yung lalabas na bagong pajero. sa 2004 pa nga lang ata

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    next month na lalabas yung gen3 pajero
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Max 5, personal preference na po yan. Personally, i'd suggest you bite the bullet and get the blister fendered Paje. But that doesnt mean to say that the orig tonka is without its advantages....mainly long term engine maintenance.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this would actually be quite a change for me as far as ride is concerned, for the last 9 yrs. lahat ng naging ride namin ay puro family oriented type [sa madaling salita puro vans].with this type of vehicle,maintenance wise,would you say malaki ba ang difference costwise? and in buying one,any tips or any telltale signs to lookout for in the unit so i dont end up with a lemon?
    thanks ulit

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir, why not bite the cannon shell (bigger bullet) and wait for the Gen 3 Pajero that was said to be introduced soon. ;)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    mas gusto ko itsura ng tonka, pero mas malaki yung engine ng blister, and mas bago modelo to (i'm assuming mas konting sakit sa ulo yung blister).
    kung gusto mo tlga yung tonka look, try yo scout for monteros na may v6 3000cc engine.l..heheh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
pajero powerplant