New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Mga sirs, ask ko lang po how to adjust the air selection lever of the Mitsu. Adventure. My '10 GLS Sport tended to have a whirring/whining sound when running at high speeds (>100 kph). I discovered the cause recently: it was the lower lever adjuster that tended to move by itself to the middle thus letting outside air in. And when the lever is at the left most (closed circulation) position, the whirring/whining sound is there. If the lever is moved a few millimeters to the right, the sound disappears, but then again, the lever by itself moves further to the middle, letting outside air in. Is there a way to fix the problem DIY style? Can i have the recirculated position without the whirring sound at high speed? Can I open the whole section to tighten whatever needs to be tightened? How? Dadalhin ko sana sa casa pero surely toxic yun so ako na lang.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    kailian try mo buksan glove compartment....para mabuksan mo comp. all the way down hilahin mo lang sideway ung stopper sa magkabila side ng comp mo...tapos kita mo na air vent control check mo lang baka natanggal lang cable sa holder/clip nito....goog luck...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Naayos ko na kailian. Hard way nga lang ginawa ko coz i removed the whole compartment by removing the bolts and not the stopper (pwede pala, he he..di ko naisip). Anyway, isinagad ko lang yung lever (yung white plastic) on the inside. Ayos na, wala na whirring sound. Even after napatakbo ko siya ng 140Kph sa bungad ng ilagan. Parang may hangin lang pala na pumapasok sa loob kahit supposed to be closed na yung vent.

Help with Loose Air Vent Control