New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi, i have a 2004 lancer mx a/t. it's a 1.6li engine that gulps down gas with a consumption of 6.8kilometers/liter city driving average. i can say i dont have a heavy right foot coz i NEVER go past 2,000 rpm since tinitipid ko nga gas ko. is this normal? if not, what is the normal consumption?

also, do any of you guys have a maintenance schedule table? im at 50,000kilometers and the only thing i changed is my oil and oil filter.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    that's about right for the pizza lancer a/t but when you go on long drives you can get about 12kms/liter. at 50k you should have changed your ATF on 40k indicated on your manual. i had the 97 model a/t invecs 1 great car. never had a problem with it

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    what do i use? cvt fluid or a/T fluid?

im actually a new car owner (since i bought this car just recently), maybe because it's second hand or maybe it's just my thinking, but i noticed my car's a bit underpowered. is there any way or improving the power or the fuel economy? gadgets like khaos or changing air filters to bigger one's? iridium spark plugs? higher octane gasoline? blah blah.. does any of those really work?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i too am a second hand car owner, last dec. 07 i got a 96 vitara. things i did to my new ride upon purchase,
    1. tune-up = change oil and filter, spark plug, air cleaner,
    2. check cooling system, drain the whole system and put in new coolant
    3. checked the a/t fluid if its still good - amok sunog kung panget na
    4. fixed the suspension and brakes

as for the gadgets like khaos those things don't work since your car has its own ECU to monitor the engine requirements.

for the air cleaner, you can put a drop in K&N filter

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hi! I own a Lancer MX w/ CVT.
    My FC usually is 7.74km/L, route is Pasay, Makati, Pasig. Traffic na yun a. Cruising at 2k RPM.
    On this run my record is 8.5km/L. Putting tranny on neutral during downhills.
    On a lead foot 4k - 5k RPM. It drops down to 6.5km/L.

On provincial runs. 12km/L (Harabas)- 15km/L (Tipid)

Usual 10k km check ups. I skip the 5k ones.
    Trip odo now is at 65k.
    No mods on the engine.

Allenkhohonda: During acceleration, do you go past 2k? Does anyone else use your car?
    If my driver uses it, my car does 6.5km/L, since he usually goes past 3k RPM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I don't recommend you to put your tranny into neutral while cruising downhill. It'll ruin your transmission.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nope. i never go past 2k rpm. and nope, im the only one who uses my car.

i forgot to change sparkplugs though but il do that on saturday (see if it makes any difference)
    il change my air filter too since i think it's a good idea din naman (thanks impulzz) although, where can i find those air filters kaya? kahit saan ba meron nun?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    my 1997 glxi lancer consumes 8.5 to 10KM per liter (measured - full tank, drive, full tank again at same station at same fuel pump) maintaining 2000rpm with occasional 2500rpm.

Thats with a normal automatic transmission.

The CVT supposed to be way better at FC so, maybe something is wrong. And take note, 2nd hand din yun and no modifications watsoever.

And re: "underpowered" feeling, baka naninibago kalang sa CVT
    Last edited by azurel; April 21st, 2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: additional info

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ok, i changed the air filters na. pinasabay ko na rin yung kevlar hood. im getting a better power and better FC (8.8km/L average). mejo maingay nga lang engine but they said it would be normal coz of the air filter. im thinking of lowering my car. how much kaya gagastusing ko for a good lowering springs with stock ride?

2004 Mitsubishi Lancer [Thread]