New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Need help dudes.....I'm about to buy a Mitsubsihsi Lancer GL 1998 for about P245,000........I was just wonderin if it was worth the price.....Anyone here know the specs of this car? The Engine? Horse Power? Spare parts? Ratings? Re-Sale Value?

Any personal opinions?

Btw the car belongs to a PBA player who happens to be a friend of mine.......He told me that he was willing to sell the car to me.......Cash or Financing(Using Post dated cheques) And if ever I decide to buy it.......I'll be the 3rd owner......But he told me that he took care of the car......changing its shocks and tires, changing its sound system etc.

He has 6 cars.......Kaya nga he decided to dispose of the Lancer kasi dehins naman niya masyado na ginagamit.....Dami na nya cotse eh!

Last edited by "DJ"; September 26th, 2003 at 08:14 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DJ, it is still a lancer, so plenty of spare parts (OEMs and aftermarket replacement parts) available out there.

if i am not mistaken, the Lancer 98 GL is a carb-type 1500 cc car na ang only power nya is steering. lahat yan de mano (manual) na. average fuel consumption is around 10-14 kms/liter on city driving. HP, not aware of, but you can also search this forum for more information (http://www.clubmitsuph.com)

re-sale value, is reasonable. its lower than a honda (of course) but is almost at par or a little bit lower with the corolla.

personal opinion, ayus na yung price. just make sure the car is in its excellent condition (body, suspension, engine, interiors, etc.) i have been a lancer user na for the past 10 years (from boxtypes, to singkits, and now sa pizza) and ang magiging problem mo lang dyan is yung suspension (masyadong bumpy yung ride or matagtag, tapos mabilis magkaroon ng kalampag. pero as stated above, madaming parts available. mura and reasonable ang maintenance costs.

i hope this helps.

p.s. sinong basketball player yan? baka pwedeng makahingi ng jersey nya.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i think with that price you can get a 97 gli matic top of the line ito dati.. its only a matter of finding a decent one.. or better yet get a 96-97 galant ss a/t ...same price.. layo performance and ride from a lancer

we have a lancer 97 gli pero di naman ganon ka matagtag ang ride but not that plush either.. ang harsh talaga na ride ay yung lynx parang pickup feel every pebble ride!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by happy_gilmore
    DJ, it is still a lancer, so plenty of spare parts (OEMs and aftermarket replacement parts) available out there.

if i am not mistaken, the Lancer 98 GL is a carb-type 1500 cc car na ang only power nya is steering. lahat yan de mano (manual) na. average fuel consumption is around 10-14 kms/liter on city driving. HP, not aware of, but you can also search this forum for more information (http://www.clubmitsuph.com)

re-sale value, is reasonable. its lower than a honda (of course) but is almost at par or a little bit lower with the corolla.

personal opinion, ayus na yung price. just make sure the car is in its excellent condition (body, suspension, engine, interiors, etc.) i have been a lancer user na for the past 10 years (from boxtypes, to singkits, and now sa pizza) and ang magiging problem mo lang dyan is yung suspension (masyadong bumpy yung ride or matagtag, tapos mabilis magkaroon ng kalampag. pero as stated above, madaming parts available. mura and reasonable ang maintenance costs.

i hope this helps.

p.s. sinong basketball player yan? baka pwedeng makahingi ng jersey nya.

Thanks for the info dude......

Anyway I'm still thinking if I'm going to buy the Lancer or if I'm going to look for another car........I don't dig 1500 cc cars.......I'm really looking for 1.6 liter cars......Kaso maganda kasi offer niya eh :D

About the conditon of the car......Mukha namang alagang-alaga yung car......From the looks of it mabilis siya magpalit ng parts kapag may nararamdaman na siya.....

About the jersey.......Dont worry dude.....Tanong ko sa kanya :D

Thanks dude

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Hero
    i think with that price you can get a 97 gli matic top of the line ito dati.. its only a matter of finding a decent one.. or better yet get a 96-97 galant ss a/t ...same price.. layo performance and ride from a lancer

we have a lancer 97 gli pero di naman ganon ka matagtag ang ride but not that plush either.. ang harsh talaga na ride ay yung lynx parang pickup feel every pebble ride!

Actually I became interested with his offer when he told me that pwede kong bayaran by post dated checks basta magdown lang ako ng mga 100,000-140,000 K :D

About buying a Lancer GLI A/T........I realy don't like A/T cars..... :worried: The Galant? I think its fuel consumption isn't that efficient......Anyway I'll try to think about it......Thanks dude

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Any other infos? Opinions?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My cousin used to drive one before he moved up to a 316i. It was an OK car. The interior was easy to clean since it was predominantly plastic. It wasn't that fast but it was enough.

Parts are easy and finding someone to work on it isn't that hard also. One weak point could be the rear suspension. It tends to make some noises over time. Although madali lang naman ayusin, it could get irritating if you're not a car-person.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kasi ang 1500 carb..hard starting sa umaga tapos paiinitin mo pa bago u drive.. i suggest getting a fuel injected car...less hassle.. kaya gli ang suggestion ko.. the galant although mas malakas sya sa gas ng konti super layo ng ride comfort and performance i tell you...get a super saloon not the vr para di masyadong malakas sa gas.. once u get a 2.0 u never wanna go lower..
    ang laki rin pla i down mo halos 50%... eh di financing mo na lang daming low payment schemes ngayon...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by OTEP
    My cousin used to drive one before he moved up to a 316i. It was an OK car. The interior was easy to clean since it was predominantly plastic. It wasn't that fast but it was enough.

Parts are easy and finding someone to work on it isn't that hard also. One weak point could be the rear suspension. It tends to make some noises over time. Although madali lang naman ayusin, it could get irritating if you're not a car-person.
    That is exactly what I'm looking for........An "OK CAR"

My business and studies needs me to travel a lot so most of the time nasa road ako.......Right now I'm using a car which is modified to be semi-racing.....It has a port and polished 2.0 liter engine tpos lowered siya sa harap tapos naka K & N air filter......If we are going to talk about my car's speed......It was being raced sa TOTAL sa Alabang before and according to its former owner and her friends.....it won 4 out of its 5 races(one time ko palang nagamit ito against an ITLOG....I smoked the poor thing :D yabang no? hehehehe ) So sa madaling salita....MABILIS ITO

But I've given up my career in street racing and I ain't that interested in SPEED anymore........My car right now doesn't fit my business.....medyo malaki nagagastos ko sa fuel everyday dahil medyo malakas nga yung present car ko sa gas.....So since you described it as an OK car......Then it is exactly what I need :D A car that has good fuel economy, not too fast not to slow and is OK in its other amenities or facilities.

Btw dude, about being a car-person......Don't worry maintaning and modifying cars is a personal hobby of mine......Sa madaling salita mahilig ako sa cotse :D

Thanks for the info bro
    Last edited by "DJ"; September 28th, 2003 at 04:34 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Hero
    kasi ang 1500 carb..hard starting sa umaga tapos paiinitin mo pa bago u drive.. i suggest getting a fuel injected car...less hassle.. kaya gli ang suggestion ko.. the galant although mas malakas sya sa gas ng konti super layo ng ride comfort and performance i tell you...get a super saloon not the vr para di masyadong malakas sa gas.. once u get a 2.0 u never wanna go lower..
    ang laki rin pla i down mo halos 50%... eh di financing mo na lang daming low payment schemes ngayon...

You've got a point......actually 2.0 liter yung car ko ngayon eh.....So I know what you mean when you say "once u get a 2.0 u never wanna go lower" :D Ang sarap talaga pag nasa rekta specially kapag walang traffic! Fast and Furious! :D But unfortunately, a 2.0 liter car doesn't fit my current situation.....And just like I've said....I've given up the need for speed.....paminsan-minsan nalang :D
    Last edited by "DJ"; September 28th, 2003 at 04:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mitsubishi Lancer GL