New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    please help me. i want to know if there will be any problems if i change my 1.5 L '91 gli lancer engine with a 1.6L gti or glxi? my car's engine already shows signs of deterioration and i don't have money to buy another car.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Theoretically it should be pretty straighforward. But in reality, it can open up a can of worms.

I'd rather have the present engine rebuilt back to specs by a competent engine rebuilding shop. Especially if you are not really into this car tuning, go-fast thing and just want a reliable daily driver.

But opinions vary.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    May marerecommend ka na shop o mas o.k. pa rin kung sa casa?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're changing for performance, go ahead, but if this is a daily car, having a swapped engine can either be painless or a pain in the ass.

Parang bingo mag-swap ng surplus engine. Suwerte kung suwerte, hindi kung hindi. If you're unlucky, you might have sensor or wiring problems with the new engine. If you're really unlucky, you might even have to overhaul the new engine. But if you're lucky... you're lucky.

Still, for the time, effort and cost, you can usually overhaul your old engine anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

engine change