New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Good day! I just would like to solicit your opinions and preferences. Ano ang inyong pipiliin between the L300FB and the L200FB(strada based). Gagamitin sana sometimes for business and sometimes pampamilya and leisure din. Thanks in advance for your inputs.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Sa L200 na ako. Mas ok ito imaneho, parang kotse. Kumpara sa L300 na parang truck ang manibela.

Mas ok din ang makina ng L200 kasi ito din ang nakasalpak sa mga non -vgt na Strada at Montero. Mas malakas ang hatak kesa L300. Better power to weight ratio.

Inggat ka lang sa maduming diesel galing sa mga bulok at nangdadaya sa istasyon.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thank you sir for the reply. Btw sir ask ko lang if you already own an L300 would you still consider upgrading to an L200?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Had an L300 in the family years back. Never going back to that model.

And the L200 is vastly better. Even basic things like checking your oil and other fluids/service items is immensely easier on the L200 (which encourages you to check it regularly).

And hey, it has real crumple zones instead of your legs for a crumple zone.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks Sir number001 and Doc Otep for the quick reply. Pahabol po... Ano pipiliin nyo L200FB, HiluxFx or Isuzu IPV? Thanks again

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumia View Post
    Thank you sir for the reply. Btw sir ask ko lang if you already own an L300 would you still consider upgrading to an L200?
    We had and have a couple of L300(s)

Versa van - 1988, 1999 (both sold already)

Closed Van (cab chassis) - 1991 x 2 ( 1 sold) , 1995 x 2 (1 is for sale), 2011

FB deluxe- 2011

=================

We are studying replacing the L300 closed vans with L200 closed van.

L200 is really miles ahead in term of refinement, power, aesthetics, ergonomics, crashworthiness, etc..

If I'm not mistaken, the L200 FB is about 4~5" shorter in length than the L300 FB deluxe.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Sa L200 na ako. Mas ok ito imaneho, parang kotse. Kumpara sa L300 na parang truck ang manibela.

Mas ok din ang makina ng L200 kasi ito din ang nakasalpak sa mga non -vgt na Strada at Montero. Mas malakas ang hatak kesa L300. Better power to weight ratio.

Inggat ka lang sa maduming diesel galing sa mga bulok at nangdadaya sa istasyon.
    Same 4d56 engine lang ata mga yan. crdi 4d56 have different internals.

* TS: better go with the L200.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumia View Post
    Thanks Sir number001 and Doc Otep for the quick reply. Pahabol po... Ano pipiliin nyo L200FB, HiluxFx or Isuzu IPV? Thanks again
    L200 FB
    +
    Strongest engine of the bunch.
    -
    Interior quality has never been Mitsubishi's strong point (Strada and Montero).

Hilux
    +
    well its a hilux. Its chassis is proven and tough. The only one of the three that reached the artic (Top Gear Artic trucks).
    Interior quality is actually top notch.
    -
    D-4D is sensitive to bad fuel (thats what Toyota wants you to believe anyway). But don't take any chances anyway.

Isuzu
    +
    That old school diesel (4JA1) that has a reputation for toughness and can take the dirty diesel being sold in the Philippines (as per posters in the Isuzu thread).

-
    Old and ugly looking design.

===============

For personal use, I'd pick the Hilux bec. of its tough proven chassis, interior quality and good looks (babaw no? :D).

But for company use (as a delivery van), its the Strada.

PS: If you get the L200 FB, make sure the backside body is either made by Centro or Almazora. Don't get anything by Metro Trucks since their quality is not up to par with the other two.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Same 4d56 engine lang ata mga yan. crdi 4d56 have different internals.

* TS: better go with the L200.
    L200 uses the same non vgt 4D56 crdi from the Strada and Montero. It makes a big difference compared to the ancient dinosaur powering the L300. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i dont know why pero i love L300..
    no reason.. why..
    napangitan lang ako siguro sa L200 na mababa tapos ang taas ng likod.. hehe FB body...

same size po ba FB cab ng L300 and L200?
    we have had L300 before.. dun ako natuto magdrive.. baka sentimental lang sakin model na yun dahil nagkaroon kami...

but i remember parts were always available anywhere... engine i remember was not powerful.. but... was ok... kaya din humataw...

ang nakikita ko lang talaga downside is like what they said... crumple zone.. sa L300 ang front passengers ang crumple zone kaya sa L300 namin noon.. nagpakabit dad ko ng bullbar.. i dont know if it will help but added protection nadin.. hehe

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Mitsubishi L300FB or L200FB