New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Hello,

I'm planning on purchasing a 2004 Mitsubishi Space Gear 2.4L A/T (60T km). I don't know much about this model and would want to know your opinion/suggestion about the pros and cons of this mini van.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    ako rin po planning to buy a space gear gasoline, sana may maka pag bigay nang mga idea kung sino man may space gear diyan...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    We have a 2005 Space Gear as our family car and it has been with us for a couple of years.

It has enough space for 9 people including the driver with adequate room for baggage. The third row seats can be folded up in a 50/50 configuration for more cargo space. 3 adults can comfortably sit in this row but getting in and out is quite difficult via the folding seat in the middle row. Airconditioning is good and will keep the interior cool easily.

The Space Gear is powered by a 2.4L gasoline-fed engine which is a 4G64 according to the Wikipedia. It's the same engine in the Eclipse, Outlander and Galant if I'm not mistaken. We've taken it to Sierra Madre and Baguio and it has enough power even when fully loaded climbing the steep inclines of Kennon Road. Fuel consumption during these trips, according to my dad, is 10km/l and he drives aggressively overtaking whenever there's a chance.

As for reliability issues, we haven't encountered any so far so I can't comment on parts availability and pricing. It seems to be durable as anyone might expect from a Mitsubishi. Our trusted mechanic tells us that the Starex was copied from the Space Gear but I'm not sure if its true.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    salamat po sa iyong inputs, ilan kaya FC nito pag city driving and timing belt po ba ang gamit sa space gear?

2004 Mitsubishi Space Gear