New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Sa tagal ko ng naka aircon, I never practiced this, besides the condura I buy does not have fan mode anymore, it's just a timer switch, and I never turn the thermostat off, naka pirme lang sya, ayos naman at tumatagal din.
    Kaya nga eh
    Ewan bakit ganon tinuturo ng mga sale person
    Samanatala yung kaibigan ko na nagtturo ng RAC sa TESDA pag nag test unit diretso high cool agad

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Kaya nga eh
    Ewan bakit ganon tinuturo ng mga sale person
    Samanatala yung kaibigan ko na nagtturo ng RAC sa TESDA pag nag test unit diretso high cool agad

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk
    Yun sa mga lumang A/C meron ganyan naalala ko ganyan mga A/C namin nun bata ako meron fan, low fan, high fan, cool, low cool, high cool.

Pag ikot mo na know dadaanan talaga yan isa -isa eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Ngayon ung fan separate button na lang, for high and low, walang kinalaman sa switch Ng thermostat

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It would help split-types to use the self-cleaning function. What it does is, after turning the A/C off, it runs the fan at a very low speed to help dry up the evaporator. I think it goes for anywhere between 20-30 minutes. The end effect is, less bacterial growth and gel formation and you can greatly reduce how often the A/C needs washing.

In the absence of this feature, you can just set the A/C to low fan for 20 minutes before turning it off. It would help if you have a way to automate this using an IR blaster (ie. Broadlink RM Mini3 + Alexa/Google Home Routines).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Hi, any of you guys have experience with kolin/panasonic/carrier 1hp window type inverters? On paper, kolin has the best numbers (eer, wattage, cooling capacity), carrier the worst. Price is the inverse, carrier most expensive, kolin the cheapest. I only have experience with panasonics (non-inverters) and it is on the middle ground in terms of price and specs. Would really appreciate any feedback that would sway me one way or the other...

Sent from my CPH1937 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Hi, any of you guys have experience with kolin/panasonic/carrier 1hp window type inverters? On paper, kolin has the best numbers (eer, wattage, cooling capacity), carrier the worst. Price is the inverse, carrier most expensive, kolin the cheapest. I only have experience with panasonics (non-inverters) and it is on the middle ground in terms of price and specs. Would really appreciate any feedback that would sway me one way or the other...

Skip the above, go Hitachi window inverter, sir. Even w/ non-inverters, Hitachi over Panasonic now. The latter's quality has slipped over the years.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Skip the above, go Hitachi window inverter, sir. Even w/ non-inverters, Hitachi over Panasonic now. The latter's quality has slipped over the years.

Thank you sir! With hitachi though, the vent is located on the left. It will be installed right next to a wall (see attached pic of the non-inverter unit it will be replacing) -I'm not entirely sure how this would affect airflow/circulation. Also, im not sure if hitachis come in standard sizes (preferred since i will be installing it myself)...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    Thank you sir! With hitachi though, the vent is located on the left. It will be installed right next to a wall (see attached pic of the non-inverter unit it will be replacing) -I'm not entirely sure how this would affect airflow/circulation. Also, im not sure if hitachis come in standard sizes (preferred since i will be installing it myself)...

Fitment's the challenge. Check their sizes here:
    Hitachi Air Conditioning Products (Phils) Inc.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i do not think your aircon-to-be will mind the wall.
    but your wall might mind, i.e., dudumi kung saan tumatama yung buga.

OT.
    the workplace once had occasion to replace the ageing 1.5 hp carrier, with an brand new, unknown brand rated at 2.5 hp (daw).
    after only one day of use,
    "hatakin na yang bagong brand na yan! ibalik yung 1.5 na luma! mas malamig pa yung mas maliit na luma...!"
    Last edited by dr. d; November 30th, 2020 at 12:49 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Fitment's the challenge. Check their sizes here:
    Hitachi Air Conditioning Products (Phils) Inc.

The compact size will fit, but will leave a 3in gap on the side, 1in on top. Better numbers on the non-compact size however. Too bad it won't fit...