New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    happy veteran's day to all who serve and have served in the military. if you love freedom, think of the veteran's and thank those who you see. freedom is not free. all gave some but some gave all. some gave the ultimate sacrifice so others can enjoy freedom. if you haven't served or haven't served yet, you can support those who do. families of the men in uniform who go to combat share the same sacrifice, stress and hardship. let us try to help the wives, husbands and children of those who leave the comfort of their homes leaving behind families and only taking the hope that they come back home in one piece and hopefully alive.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We are a lucky bunch of people who have not seen the horrors of war, and I sincerely hope it stays that way for us and for the next generations. It pains me to see and meet veterans who have not been given the proper respect, honor and care after what they did for their country, especially here in the Philippines.

I remember going down the escalator of Macy's(?) in CA some years ago and hearing a Filipino tune being played on a piano, and seeing this group of Filipino veterans (with their veteran caps on) just sitting there passing away time... Such as somber sight....

And, watching the daily parade of veterans, mostly in wheelchairs in DC for a few days...

And lastly, chancing upon a meeting of veterans (or their widows), here in Metro Manila....

14.3K:eathis:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This is one reason why i make it a point to take family and friends on a road trip to Mt. Samat or day trip to Corregidor. The struggle and sacrifices done by these men and women should never be forgotten.

Kudos to them. War never has any real winners.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    yup, the government should make veteran's day a public holiday instead of those muslim holidays na dala lang ng ka-plastikan kaya ginagawang official non-working day

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    yup, the government should make veteran's day a public holiday instead of those muslim holidays na dala lang ng ka-plastikan kaya ginagawang official non-working day
    The Muslim Holidays would be better observed in Muslim areas/regions.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    does the government still have a record of filipino veterans of the second world war, korean war and vietnam war?
    we has a contingent on both. during the vietnam war, the "philcag" was tasked in vietnam to work with the u.s. military. though it was almost like a joke, still they were exposed to enemy fire. how many of the philippine scouts (filipino guerillas) who served the war against the occupying japanese

veteran's day