New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Took these photo of the construction of Greenbelt 5 here in Makati.. amazing what they used on the exterior walls.. Styro foam..

Taken Oct. 1 - after putting aluminum support.. they screwed gypsum boards.. then they just put styro foam in the outside.

then using cutters, they curve the design on the styro foam

Taken Oct. 3 - using a thin mixture of cement, they painted it to the styro

Taken Oct. 5 - then the final coating.. viola! Greenbelt 5 na!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    when you burn styro kasi it turns into liquid

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kakatuwa lang tingnan.. para lang silang gumagawa nang project sa school.. eh to think Greenbelt5 yan.. hehhehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw where this was first used before sa construction ng mass housing sa Africa almost a decade ago. Not only is it cheaper than hollow blocks, it provides much better insulation against hot and cold whether, weatherproof, it's modular as well - god knows how non-biodegradable they are hehehe.

Until styro eating termites come along you're pretty safe as well.

Pero sila naman they put the wooden poles as foundation, then arrange the styro to form the wall, then cover it up with a thin coat of cement then gypsum board.

Sounds good to me... It withstands windstorms really well and repairs are cheap as well... I guess wag lang lalasing lasing at sipain ang pader, it'll be like US homes where they use drywalls.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    it's called EIFS (Exterior Insulation Finishing System) in the US if I'm not mistaken. it is also called synthetic stucco. it was very popular in the US before but later there were a lot of problems with water leakage, molds, etc.

i don't know what system they are using there in the picture but i hope they are doing it the right way. just my 2 cents.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same method was used sa the block, facing carpark side

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    parang stucco nga yan. the purpose of it is just for insulation and to prevent condensation inside. cement plaster is applied on the surface, then paint. but we normally use rigid rockwool insulation which is fire rated material at mas mahal kesa polystyrene.
    Last edited by akal; October 5th, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    almost all buildings in the island has that styro.atleast nakarating napala sa pinas.kita ko yan nakapatong sa mga blocks then sa mga curves mas lalao maganda gamitin.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    it's ok as long as you do it right.
    here is the brand that we use in florida.

Styro Foam walls