New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi guys and gals! just wanna share with you this interesting infotext i got from globe. its about their free texting campaign called freetxt. I tried it and i find it very practical and useful. It allowed me to send free text messages (korak! libreng text) to other globe subscribers for free. This freetxt really is handy in cases when you need to immediately reply sa isang important na text message. that's it. bow

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    nice! it would be nicer if you teach us how to do it...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I think he is referring to Globe's Freetxt service. It is not exactly free. The recipient has to pay P2.50 to retrieve and read the message. Basically a prepaid user sends the text message via a vanity number. The recipient then is notified that he/she has a pending message that needs to be retrieved. Each retrieval costs the reader P2.50.

While the service may be useful in times of emergencies, it can also potentially be subject to prank/nuisance text messages since a prepaid user does not need any load to send messages to potential victims, even random victims.

The service was originally developed by Feedtext International Pte. in Singapore where all mobile phone users have to be registered. Hence prank/nuisance texters there can be traced and arrested. But prepaid users in the Philippines are not required to register their SIMs so the service can be used for pranks or plain nuisance activities. (Actually you are required to register with Globe to use the service but of course you can enter your pet's name instead.)

I just hope Globe, or the local licensee, Axis Global, will put in safeguards though realistically I doubt if it will.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I already tried retrieving a text message sent via freetxt. And based on my experience, I don’t see any harm on both parties, particularly on the message recipients’ side.

I found out that the message was sent via freetxt and that it was from my brother because of the notification message sent to my number. The message said that a message was sent to me by my brother, and is waiting for my retrieval. Since I know and recognize that it was my brother’s, and I am waiting for a very important message from him, I followed the instructions on how I can retrieve the text, and was able to read the reply I was waiting.

Upon using freetxt, I think that the recipient still has the say on whether he/she wants to read the message and have 2.50 deducted from their account. If he/she thinks that the number is alien to him/her, he may just ignore the notification and no 2.50 retrieval cost will be deducted on his account.

Thanks!

Just in case you need to text and naubusan ka ng load :)