New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    It has been a month since my mom was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer. She had undergone surgery called mastectomy modified radical. Thankfully, she didn't have to go through chemotherapy/radiation; instead she's going to take some kind of a pill for medication, that is a good thing.

I posted this thread to raise awareness especially to our female tsikoteers. Breast cancer can be prevented, treated, and most especially cured. If you have similar experiences with your family or friends, please feel free to share it here.

Useful Links:
    American Cancer Society
    Internet Based Moms
    NBCAM
    Pink October

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my ex-officemate has a mom, na na detect yung breast cancer nya ng stage 4 na. tinanggal na yung mismong breast tapos she underwent lots of chemotherapy sessions. their family thought na nawala na. pero after two months, may mass na naman na nakita sa ilalim ng tinanggal na breasts. after undergoing chemotheraphy again, nagka complication na dahil kumalat na pala yung cancer cells sa lung. after being detected the first time, she died after 8 months.

yung wife nung college classmate ko, kaka-detect lang, the age nung wife nya i think is 33 or 32 years old. she is undergoing chemo now. stage 3 daw sabi nung classmate ko.

i also know someone who survived breast cancer at age 28.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Yesterday morning, we joined the more than 7,000 walkers of Avon Walk against Breast Cancer. Read my blog here

:beer: [SIZE="1"]3265[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my wife and I have a good friend who died from breast cancer. nasa early 30's pa lang nung pumanaw.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Mom ko naman may nakikitang cyst sa breast for 2 consecutive years na at same breast pa(left). Nagrerecur yung cyst kaya panay ang opera. Buti nalang benign palagi. So every 6mons eh mammogram siya to check mahirap na eh.

Kaya tayong mga babae dapat annual check up para at least alam natin. Kung takot man sa doctor pwede naman icheck natin sarili natin ang alam ko tinuro ito highschool palang kung paano. Kung hindi marunong eh talagang punta nalang sa doctor.

Kung may friends/family tayo na may cancer, maganda din na ipag dasal natin sila para suporta narin. Sabi nga nila "Prayer is the best gift you can give."

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    Yesterday morning, we joined the more than 7,000 walkers of Avon Walk against Breast Cancer. Read my blog here

:beer: [SIZE="1"]3265[/SIZE]

Whoa! I just read your blog and wow that's alot of people who attended and joined the event.. :thumbup:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I had a cousin who died of breast cancer. She left behind her then-infant son.

One of the more informative breast cancer awareness sites I've come across:

http://checkoutmybreasts.adbeast.com

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i do my part by providing free breast exams often :naughty2:

on a serious note, hbv and others - i will keep your relatives in my prayers :pope:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hope that your loved ones can battle through with this challenge. Will be including them in my prayers.

Also, I heard that empy has a tiny chance of getting one on his man-breasts. Quit pinching them. :evillaugh

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I think it's better if both men and women check for breast cancer not just in October but regularly at least.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month