New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Some members of the Brotherhood of Christian Businessmen and Professionals chapter in our city are trying to recruit me and my parents to join their organization.

As most of us probably know, this is the group whose motto starts with Be honest even if others are not...

My parents want to join and have already attended three or four of their Sunday breakfast meetings(?)

Personally, I have this pet peeve about hypocrites, you see, a BCBP member here still practices dishonest methods in his business dealings and another member who is an LTO employee still collects tong from motorists notwithstanding their organization's motto. When I asked the member who has been actively recruiting me about this, he said its okay to them since the members in question have minimized their dishonest habits, when I asked for further clarification, he answered:

"Yung LTO employee, before siya naging member, 500 pesos yung hinihingi niya ngayon 250 na lang, yung businessman half kilo na lang binabawas bawat sako sa halip na isang kilo noong hindi pa siya member."

I decided not to join.
    Last edited by Steeljack; February 7th, 2006 at 08:47 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeljack
    "Yung LTO employee, before siya naging member, 500 pesos yung hinihingi niya ngayon 250 na lang, yung businessman half kilo na lang binabawas bawat sako sa halip na isang kilo noong hindi pa siya member."

I decided not to join.
    That's not how a Christian manifest their faith. Bunch of hypocrites.

Good that you didn't join bro. They're the primary reason why people have low regard on Christians nowadays.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang mga gancho characters ng Pugad Baboy hehe.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yung businessman and LTO employee nabawasan nga ang pagkadishonest, maliit o malaki man na pagsisinungalin SINUNGALIN pa rin. right?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    wow. they gotta change their name.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    wala naman yan sa laki eh... the fact na dishonest pa rin sila di pa rin sila nagbabago... the extent changed but still the same game...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer
    That's not how a Christian manifest their faith. Bunch of hypocrites.

Good that you didn't join bro. They're the primary reason why people have low regard on Christians nowadays.
    well... you can say that.

though to strengthen your faith, don't look at others who call themselves "Christians". nakaka distract lang and nakaka walang gana kung minsan.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    though to strengthen your faith, don't look at others who call themselves "Christians". nakaka distract lang and nakaka walang gana kung minsan.
    Korek ka dyan bro.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Tama, wag ka nang mag-join.

I think they are taking the saying literally: "The objective is not to become sinless but to sin less."

Nobody's sinless. But if what you're saying is true, parang nakakatawa naman yung pagka-BCBP nila.

I have actually been struggling with that community thing as well. The argument for joining is that you are supposed to be with a group of people who are all growing in faith, and that common thing is supposed to help. But if members of your community are so blatantly disregarding what it means to be "growing in faith", then why bother?

In the end it is always between you and Him, regardless of any religious affiliations.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    You have made a good decision...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bcbp