New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Romanian hacker charged with breaching NASA computers

BUCHAREST: A young Romanian has been charged with hacking into NASA computers and causing more than US$ 1.5 million of damage for the US space agency, prosecutors have said.

Victor Faur, 26, from the western town of Arad, was also accused of breaking into the computers of the US navy and the Department of Energy between November 2005 and September 2006, a statement said on Tuesday.

Romanian police alerted NASA in July last year that its servers had been breached by unknown people based in Romania.

An ensuing probe was launched jointly by Romanian police and the FBI.

NASA had to rebuild its systems and scientists and engineers had to manually communicate with spacecraft, resulting in huge losses for NASA.

Faur, meanwhile, said in television interviews that his action was aimed at "proving that several computers are vulnerable to attack," and underlined that he had not tried to make any "material gains."

"I had neither modified nor erased the files, nor destroyed the communications systems," said Faur, who was formally put under investigation in December and has been barred from leaving the country.

An earlier indictment by the US Attorney's Office charges Faur with leading a hacking group called the "WhiteHat Team," which broke into the systems because of their reputation of being among the most secure in the world.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006

If I'm not mistaken, NASA uses a lot of Sun Microsystem workstations running Solaris.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    baka hinahanap nila Project Space Vampire

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    the guy is good but too dangerous.he should have hacked the world bank instead and deleted the files of philippines

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    akala ko part two ng transformers ang e-hack ang NASA. totoo pala to

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ganun lang ba ka-vulnerable ang security ng NASA..

OT.. reminds me of the movie i watched last night, Die Hard 4 (live free or die hard).. they hacked the gov't's transportation, communication and financial system..

NASA Hacked!