New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    So what do you guys think about Top Gear season 23 with the new hosts?

Chris Evans is trying hard to copy Jeremy Clarkson. Why didn't the new hosts just act normally and not copy the old trio?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    So what do you guys think about Top Gear season 23 with the new hosts?

Chris Evans is trying hard to copy Jeremy Clarkson. Why didn't the new hosts just act normally and not copy the old trio?
    They will need feedback and possibly a season or so to find their stride and voice.

-

Top Gear's TV shows are incredibly formulaic. Look at Australia and USA, same exact formats, both with trios. I didn't expect the UK production crew to stray too far from the old TGUK, either.

I've yet to watch the new show, but I'll try to check it out later.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    yan kasi Clarkson parang Si Bourdain noh? si Bourdain minsan binabato producers nya

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Their presenters felt "forced" as if I'm watching a reality TV show from discovery channel or mtv

the old trio was more like watching an old british war film set in tunisia with all the banter and backstabbing/camaraderie

Matt was all right though. Script writer just needs to be more liberal with Matt improvising and using his character to his advantage.

Evan's personality didn't just miss the mark of the show. It was totally off and missed the post code a continent away.

Could have used more screen time for Sabine to be honest.

I guess it wasn't that bad. At least not at the level of cringe with the new "ghostbusters"...
    Last edited by safeorigin; May 31st, 2016 at 03:46 AM.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I'd give them a few more episodes to allow their personas to evolve and the chemistry to build. They have pretty big shoes to fill. I don't think any other presenter can just pick up the slack on day one.

Jeremy is a racist ass both in real life and on set and it was the reason he was funny in a way. Matt and Evans are much more subdued and nowhere near Jeremy's antics. Evans in particular is almost like a copy of Adam Savage... a fast-talking nerdy Chihuahua. I'm sure they'll find their groove eventually.
    Last edited by oj88; May 31st, 2016 at 08:51 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    I'd give them a few more episodes to allow their personas to evolve and the chemistry to build. They have pretty big shoes to fill. I don't think any other presenter can just pick up the slack on day one.

Jeremy is a racist ass both in real life and on set and it was the reason he was funny in a way. Matt and Evans are much more subdued and nowhere near Jeremy's antics. Evans in particular is almost like a copy of Adam Savage... a fast-talking nerdy Chihuahua. I'm sure they'll find their groove eventually.
    I dunno... evans presenting just makes it feel like a kid's show. I shuddered when he woohoo'd during the rallye cross jumps.

some people are suggesting that matt should take the helm
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    I dunno... evans presenting just makes it feel like a kid's show. I shuddered when he woohoo'd during the rallye cross jumps.

some people are suggesting that matt should take the helm
    That's not such a bad idea.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Yes, Matt was definitely funnier off the bat. But I think that for the Brit edition of the show to be more credible, the lead presenter should be a Brit. Matt is funnier as a 'Joey' type cameo supporting the other presenters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Simon Pegg, anyone? Ricky Gervais? Rowan Atkinson?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Matt did good and si is sabine, chris parang sigaw ng sigaw sana mag mellow sa mga actions and reactions sa susunod

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast