New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    some of my officemates applied to Canada thru CIC. i'm also considering to migrate in canada for a better pastures (hope so) esp for my kids with the advice and invitation of my cousin who has been there for the past 5 years. accdg to her, it would only took 1-2 years waiting since my kids are still small. luckily both my wife and i have work. can anybody explain or give an opinion what's the difference between sponsorship (by relatives) and the CIC way? does anybody here in tsikot tried these process? which of the two would be helpful in our case. TIA mga pañeros este mga peeps

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wouldnt advise you to go to CIC.

May bad experience sister ko with them.

We attended the free seminar with all the bells and whistles and at the end of it, may assesment sila. So my sister gets hers and sobrang overqualified DAW. Of course gaganahan ka, and once you get hooked, they asses you again before the contract signing and yet again, sobrang overqualified daw sis ko. So we sign, kasi sabi naman nila na refundable yong initial fee (PHP 15-30K if memory serves). Then once "processing" starts, we find out from their 'head assesor' (whatever that means) na kulang sa points sister ko and mali yung pagka asses dati. So we decide to back out and get our refund. Lo and behold, hindi daw refundable yung fee and we should just wait a couple of years till my sister becomes eligible and then they can start processing again. Or, we should take it up with the agent who conducted the seminar daw. So we do, and she says that they are instructed to say refundable yung fee.

To make a long, sh!tty story short, they pass the buck back and forth and give us the run around for a couple of months till my mom gets so pissed she decides to write a formal complaint to the DTI, Boo Chanco(who was very helpful inpointing us in the right direction-mabuhay po kayo) and send them a very strongly worded letter from our lawyer.
    It was only then that they relented and gave us back our 'refundable' fee.

caveat emptor
    Last edited by Chip; April 18th, 2006 at 06:33 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, CIC would cost you an arm, a leg, a torso and your neck. daming mga legal and consultation fees dyan.

if a relative would sponsor you, you would only pay for some immigration fees + show money, which i think is around 500k pesos.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    may mga nag advice din na personal ka na lang mag apply sa embassy or ibig sabhin wag na dumaan sa mga agency ,
    pwede ba talaga direct na lang mag apply ,mejo magastos kasi kung may agency pa
    possible ba ito?
    Last edited by BoEinG_747; April 18th, 2006 at 09:49 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Apply directly to the Embassy. Check with the Internet if you could apply online. My friend and his family left for Canada last month. I understand if you have relative who is sponsoring, you would get additional points. If you know or learn how to speak French, you'd get another additional points. Check this site for self-assessment: http://www.immigrationexpert.com/

6. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    www.cic.gc.ca go to this site apply ka na lang mag isa you dont need a consultant
    cost less than 30k

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    . . pre, go and apply directly thru the canadian embassy... mas mabilis pa. di naman mahirap ang procedures sa pag apply eh... isa pa, wala naman dagdag na points kung dadaan ka sa agent...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    saan ba exact place ng Canadian Embassy ?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BoEinG_747 View Post
    saan ba exact place ng Canadian Embassy ?
    Canadian Embassy - Manila
    Levels 6, 7 and 8, Tower 2
    RCBC Plaza
    6819 Ayala Avenue
    Makati City 1200
    P.O. Box 2098
    Philippines
    Tel: (02) 857-9000
    Fax: (02) 843-1082

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    thanks sir innova J,