New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga sir tanong lang. safe ba umorder ng products online? coz i'm planning to shop a car stereo sana online. any feedbacks sa mga naka-try na & paano ang ways of payment pag walang credit cards? thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    as of i heard ok nama ndaw basta un shop na oorderan mo talagang reputable..hehehe. sa alam ko lang ha?
    hehehehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sana hindi ka nalang sumagot odell, hehehe

there are some sites that can receive payments vie money order, pero this takes time and meron konting charges sa postal office or bank. but most online shops don't ship electronic items outside of their countries, and if they do, mahal ang shipping cost. its better to buy it locally nalang.

another alternative is if meron kang relative sa country na yun is ipa-balik bayan box mo nalang.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also, take note of the steep shipping and handling rates for overseas orders. dapat oorder si pajerokid ng 8650mp... $131 yung freight cost eh!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saka may babayaran kang customs duties dyan, di i-release sa iyo yung shipment pag hindi bayad ang customs duties. kahit na UPS, Fedex o DHL, meron customs duties yan. then you will end up paying more than if you just buy locally.

at pag sira yung na-receive mo na goods, syempre ibabalik mo hehe! bayad ka na naman ng shipping cost (which will also include insurance fees), customs, etc hehehe!

at wala ka pang warranty.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    only purchase things na talagang malayo price or not available locally... Kung oorder ka through web always pay using credit card coz you have 30 days to dispute any charges unlike money order/transfer wala kang habol. Hence the term credit, di ka papabayad ng cash agad, may protection ka.

Using a card online is no more dangerous than using it sa store, gas station, resto, etc since anyone can copy your number and perform multiple swipes etc. Pare pareho lang pwedeng iclaim (actually, restaurants and clubs have the HIGHEST number of fraudulent charges... taga Citibank misis ko kaya alam ko kwento hehe)

Pag wala ka card, dont bother, 1st, mas mahal wire transfer, 2nd wala kang habol.

duties are a b1tch, but may way to circumvent, just ask the seller to include a receipt saying it's a sample or promotional material - no commercial value ok na. di ka na kakaltasin sa post office.

happened to us dati when I requested some sample products from germany. the company sent me 6 bottles of products weighing more than 8 kilos... Nakita ko na ngiti nung matanda sa post office kala nya makakapera sya sa tax, pag open nya ng box, lahat ng invoice nakalagay "Samples - No Commercial Value".. Kawawa sya hehe. Sabi nya "grabe naman ata magpadala ng samples mga to!" (usually may under the table deal if you dont want to pay for the full custom charge, gagatungin ka ng officer to pay "him" instead of the custom rate, hayup)...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pare, listen to theveed. there are many scammers online, and even if the company is reputable, if you buy something without seeing and testing it, there are many things that can go wrong. plus, stuff can get lost, stolen or damaged in transit.

USE a credit card. and make sure the company is established and reputable. if i can help in checking out any companies in the US, let me know.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    uhm.... if you're going to buy through ebay... don't get a deal na money order ung gusto ng seller.. lalo na kapag un lang ung only payment option nya. delicado un, e.....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I order CDs on-line sa Amazon, yung mga mahirap makuha dito, pero I haven't tried any other item. Plus, I don't have it shipped here, dun lang sa US. Tina-timing ko lang pag may uuwi or may box na papadala... You may want to try that. Good luck.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    same thing with the_wildthing, i bought a book at amazon, address it to my uncle at san diego and brought it with them to the philippines. no extra charges pa and sure na makakarating sa yo.

goodluck!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Online Shopping - Safe ba?