New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I never bothered to see how long it can last. What I usually do is that if I see a "rainbow", then it's time to replace it.

This time, I decided to do some sort of "maintenance" and see how long the OEM wiper blades will last.

Once the blades are removed from the frame, I use a detergent and brush to clean it.

And this is the aftermath, a dirty soapy water.

I use a silicone based cleanser and soak the blades with it. I run my fingers back and forth several times to make sure that every nook and cranny is reached.

I then wipe it with a cloth. I have thought that the blades were already clean but it isn't.

Aside from cleaning the blades, I also make sure that the windshield is "super smooth". It is so smooth that I seldom use the wiper because the rain is just gliding.

Using the dual action rotary polisher made the job so easy compared when I was doing it manually.

A word of caution, I've heard once of a story where someone broke the windshield while using a polisher. If you decide to do the same thing as I did, then set the polisher at the lowest speed. Don't put any pressure on it but instead, let the weight of the polisher do it's job as you glide it.

This is what I have been doing since I bought the car new last December of 2017. It now has about 65,000 km. It could have been 80,000 if not for the pandemic.

I never bothered to lift the blades if I'm parking under the scorching heat of the sun.

I suppose doing this "maintenance", at least twice a year, has made the wiper blades last for about 5 years and 65,000 km, and it's still going on.

How about you? How long did your wiper blades last?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

one year.
    actually, one rainy season. i chose not to replace it during the hot and dry season, kaya umabot nang 1 year.

but i have to clean my windshield already; medyo mabigat na ang acid etch or hard water etch.
    Last edited by dr. d; July 1st, 2022 at 02:27 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sa last car ko.. 4 years yata yung stock wipers bago ko pinalitan nang cheap banana type..

nagpo polish ako nang windshield once a year after the 2nd year..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just replaced my front wipers with a little-known brand called Kuapo. It doesn't chatter anymore. They're just around P350 for the set (26" + 16"). I don't know yet how long they'il last.

Fits perfectly on my 2015 Innova G.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Just replaced my front wipers with a little-known brand called Kuapo. It doesn't chatter anymore. They're just around P350 for the set (26" + 16"). I don't know yet how long they'il last.

Hinde na rin ako bumibili ng mga branded. Anyway, pinapalitan naman every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I never bothered to see how long it can last. What I usually do is that if I see a "rainbow", then it's time to replace it.

This time, I decided to do some sort of "maintenance" and see how long the OEM wiper blades will last.

Once the blades are removed from the frame, I use a detergent and brush to clean it.

And this is the aftermath, a dirty soapy water.

I use a silicone based cleanser and soak the blades with it. I run my fingers back and forth several times to make sure that every nook and cranny is reached.

I then wipe it with a cloth. I have thought that the blades were already clean but it isn't.

Aside from cleaning the blades, I also make sure that the windshield is "super smooth". It is so smooth that I seldom use the wiper because the rain is just gliding.

Using the dual action rotary polisher made the job so easy compared when I was doing it manually.

A word of caution, I've heard once of a story where someone broke the windshield while using a polisher. If you decide to do the same thing as I did, then set the polisher at the lowest speed. Don't put any pressure on it but instead, let the weight of the polisher do it's job as you glide it.

This is what I have been doing since I bought the car new last December of 2017. It now has about 65,000 km. It could have been 80,000 if not for the pandemic.

I never bothered to lift the blades if I'm parking under the scorching heat of the sun.

I suppose doing this "maintenance", at least twice a year, has made the wiper blades last for about 5 years and 65,000 km, and it's still going on.

Great job! Don't forget to de-rust & lube the arm hinges.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post

Unfortunately, it's not available for Mazda 6.