New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I normally drink lots of very cold water to get rid of my hangover and put an ice pack on my head.

So how do you get rid of your hangover?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    inom din ng sandamakmak na fluids-juices, tubig, gatorade...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    just sleep sleep and sleep... pagkagising pamasahe :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i take antacid tablet to cure my bum stomach. eat apples/bananas and drink plenty of water. (sabay sabi kay misis, ayaw ko na uminom. mabilis na sagot niya: ULOL!!)
    Last edited by zero; July 18th, 2005 at 03:14 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    The morning after, I take 3 Aspirins after a nice meal of hot beef soup.

I go back to sleep for an hour or so, then I fix myself a strong cup of coffee. (Nescafe lang--mahal kasi triple espresso ng Starbucks.)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Take it from the "professionals". (from partiers.com)

1. GATORADE
    One of America's favorite sports drinks, Gatorade, is a heaven sent for a hangover. In order to cure a hangover, you must rehydrate and replenish your body with all the nutrients and electrolytes that you lost during your drinking binge. Gatorade will help replenish some of the lost electrolytes your body needs and also help rehydrate your body from all the water you disposed of because you were in the bathroom every five minutes the night before. Hitting Gatorade right after you finish drinking, before going to bed and as soon as you wake up will help minimize the horrible effects of your hangover.

2. VITAMIN B COMPLEX
    Please invest in some "vitamin B complex vitamins". They are available at stores everywhere. Hospitalized alcoholics are given supplemental vitamin B-1 (thiamine) to replace what they lost during drinking so if you are a regular drinker make it a habit to take vitamin-B complex vitamins everyday. Most of the "B vitamins" are lost when you drink alcohol so replenish them as soon as possible.

3. WATER
    If you do one thing for your hangover, drink water. This is essential to your recovery. You lost a lot of water because of the diuretic effects of alcohol. Drinking water will replace the water your body lost. As soon as you can, down as much water as you possibly can and keep a full glass next to your bed to drink first thing in the morning.

4. BURNT TOAST
    Some drinkers made burnt toast part of their morning-after breakfast regimen. Carbon is the charred part of the burnt toast that will filter some of the impurities in your system.

5. TOAST WITH HONEY
    Your tummy is in an acidic state after you've drank and may cause your stomach to be very upset. Toast or bread can help neutralize the acid and make your tummy feel better. Honey contains simple sugars which will in turn help your body process the alcohol more quickly. Gobble up some toast with honey before turning in for the night or first thing when you finally wake up.

6. BREAD
    If you can't handle making toast in the state you are in, you must eat some bread. Fresh Italian bread will help absorb the excess alcohol in your stomach and slow down the impact of a hangover. Eat as much bread as you can handle.

7. GREASY FOOD
    Fatty foods like greasy pizza or a nice big burger will grease the lining of your stomach and intestines and the absorption of alcohol into your system will be slower. Some even suggest taking a teaspoonful of olive oil before and after drinking to help line the digestive tract.

8. ORANGE JUICE
    Drink a glass of orange juice before crashing and as soon as you wake up. Orange juice will replace the potassium you lost during your drinking binge. A low potassium level leads to muscle cramps and muscle discomfort. Get your potassium level back to normal as soon as possible. Orange juice will also help your blood sugar levels.

9. BANANAS
    If you can't drink orange juice, make sure you eat a banana before retiring for the night and when you wake up. Bananas are also packed with potassium and will help alleviate muscle cramps and muscle discomfort.

10. ASPIRIN
    Taking some form of pain killer, either aspirin, ibuprofen or Tylenol, as soon as you wake up may help mask some of the effects of alcohol and your hangover. It's not advisable to take these all the time because they can bombard your liver and make it work harder plus compete with alcohol for absorption. If you take one of these before drinking, your hangover may be worse in the morning because the alcohol in your system won't be processed quickly and if you take them before going to bed, their effects may wear off before you've awaken which will cause you to feel worse. It's better to take something as soon as you wake up to ease the effects of a hangover.

11. CAFFEINE PRODUCTS
    Drinking some tea, strong black coffee, Pepsi or Jolt Cola will help you fight that headache. Caffeine will ease the pain of a headache and make you feel more alert. Don't overdue the caffeine because it also acts as a diuretic and will cause you to lose water and become more dehydrated. One cup of black coffee or a glass of Pepsi should be enough to battle that headache. The cola syrup in Pepsi will also help soothe your tummy.

12. HERBAL MILK THISTLE
    Some avid drinkers take the herb called Milk Thistle. It is available in stores that carry vitamins and herbal products. Milk Thistle is supposed to help your liver rebuild cells that are damaged from drinking. Taking a few capsules of Milk Thistle before, during or after drinking may help your liver process the alcohol more quickly and minimize your hangover symptoms.

13. COLA SYRUP or EMETROL
    A quick dose of Emetrol or medicinal cola syrup will help your nausea. Your stomach will feel like "The Love Boat" during a bad tropical storm so you should take something to ease your discomfort. Old fashioned cola syrup is available at most drug stores or try the newer fruit syrup called Emetrol. Pour some of this stuff over ice and sip it slowly before you go to bed and when you wake up. It will help your stomachache plus help your blood sugar levels too.

14. WARM FLUIDS, A BLANKET AND YOUR COUCH
    Hopefully you'll have the "morning after" off of work. Lounging on the couch with a blanket while drinking warm fluids will help your body recuperate more quickly from the alcohol assault you subjected it to last night.

15. SODIUM BICARBONATE
    Chow down on a few Sodium Bicarbonate tablets, otherwise known as "TUMS", with a large glass of water. TUMS will help neutralize the acid in your stomach and make your tummy feel much, much better.

16. 7-UP SPRITZER
    Take a cup of Sprite or 7-up and throw in an Alka-Seltzer plus crush two aspirins and put them in there, too with some fresh lemon juice. Take a B-12 vitamin with that. It's a miracle!!!

17. R & R
    Rest and relaxation is the key. Why does it seem as if the day after partying is always one of the busiest, loudest and most annoying days at work or at home? If you're lucky, you don't have to work with your hangover, but for most of us, hangovers are inevitable during a typical work day. You will survive! As soon as you can, get some rest and relaxation in bed, in your favorite chair or couch!

18. CHINESE FOOD
    If you can stomach it today, get some good tasting, salty chinese food in your tummy. Your body could sure use the salt replenishment it lost and chowing down some greasy chinese food couldn't hurt. Just don't make it too hot and spicey or your tummy might not agree.

19. CRACKERS and POTATO CHIPS
    Munch on some pretzels, potato chips and saltine crackers. The salt will do you good and the snack food will absorb some of that alcohol you drank.

20. THINK POSITIVE
    Hangovers are temporary. Think positive. You will be feeling better soon and you'll be back on the partying scene. Don't get mentally down about it. Everybody hurts sometimes. It's part of the game. Keep your mental edge and follow some of these simple hangover antidotes and we'll see you at the party soon!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I can't remove it but I can lessen it considerably.

when I know I had too much too drink, I drink water and take some Vit. C before going to sleep. Upon waking, pag putok ng hangover, I take a cold shower then I drink lots of liquids again. tapos aspirin na lang afterwards.. but I'm sure it's gonna be a long terrible day ahead of me...

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    tomato juice (works for me) or coffee or a cold shower

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To avoid hangover, drink lots of water before you go to sleep.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    ...or order one iced tea after gulping several rounds of beer. It works for me.

When nursing a hang-over, a nice warm papaitan soup will do.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
How do you cure hangover?