New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Christmas season is fast approaching and it's also the season for giving. But that does not mean that we only give during this season but all throughout the year isn't it?

Isn't it heartwarming to know that you have touched the lives of people around us? Just by merely buying a strand of sampaguita or a set of basahans from a kid on the street, you have reached out to the less fortunate. Or even extending a hand to help or just by merely being there for someone will mean a lot especially so if it comes from the heart.

So, whose lives have you touched lately? Have you made a difference in their lives? Do share it with us...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    This was back in Manila around July. Bumili kami ng McDo with my wife, drive through lang kasi pauwi na kami. These kids approached our car sa payment window but they quickly ran back to where they were originally sitting siguro taking chances lang kung magbibigay kami ng pera. I told my wife tara kuha tayo ng dalawa pang burger McDo meals for them. Ayun so we bought more and gave it to the kids sabi ko hati na lang sila. I know it's not much but I didn't have a lot of money with me that time.

Similar incident, I think the same kids (but on a different day) were approaching me dahil paparada ako gusto nila magbantay. Sandali lang ako doon meet ko lang friend ko kasi. Eh umuulan so that really moved me kasi basang basa sila to think ako yung pinapayungan nila. I gave them P50 sabi ko hati na lang sila pero binulsa pa nung binigyan kong bata, so I reminded her to share

I don't want to come out here as somebody who has money to just give away pero naawa lang talaga ako.

My parents are another matter. Yung sampaguita kids sa Edsa before East Ave kilala nila yung mga yon. My mom even brought them to the nearby McDo I think on East Ave. para mag drive through sila. Comment nung bata, "Ang lamig naman dito" kasi naka aircon yung car. Tapos nahiya pa syempre, pero I'm sure they enjoyed their meals. Then my mom eventually called them to work sa bahay kahit sobrang simpleng errands like linis linis lang ng mga halaman, ng mga bonsai namin, ng backyard namin, etc and they gave them money for that I don't remember how much. Well that was before my mom moved here to the US, siguro mga 5 years ago or more. When I go back I remember the kids pero I keep looking for them. Yun pala lumaki na and I just did not recognize them, tapos they were looking pala for my mom who always brought them sa McDo. I think when my mom flew home last Feb she treated them out just as before.

My dad naman found out that our house boy has a large cyst siguro 5x7cm kaya pala ganun siya maglakad iika-ika (no wonder they call him Ike). Anyway he brought Ike to the hospital for biopsy so we're still waiting for results. Hopefully it's not cancerous. Ike's brother, who also worked for us before, had a near death experience kasi may asthma siya but he did not have the inhaler to relax the bronchioles. So tinakbo sa Fairview general hospital but no go, so lipat sila sa East Ave where my dad is, and our maid told them kila doctor ****** siya pakitignan naman. Only then did they look at him and was able to save his life. If she did not mention that naku baka wala na siya ngayon.

These were the stories I heard when I was home there in June to August. It's nice to hear them.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Keep up the good works!

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3273[/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Mga batang palaboy diyan sa Pilipinas sa langsangan na halos hindi na kumakain dahil neglected ang kanilang mga pamilya or either wala na ang mga magulang.
    It happened 2 years ago na nakita ko kung gaano kahirap ang buhay ng mga bata sa lansangan. Nagbakasyon ako noong 2005 after 10 yrs since my last vacation at sa Manila ako tumira for few days. I was at the mall not far from my brothers house so namasyal ako. I was eating hotdog when this one little girl came to me and asked for a money. So I asked kung saan ang mga mugalang niya and she said wala na raw sila at ang kasama niya raw ay mga kaibigan niya. So I give her a 4 hundred pesos and asked if she want to eat also.
    Siempre gutom yong bata kaya oo ang sagot niya at tinanong pa sa akin kung gusto ko rin daw ibilhan yong limang kaibigan niyang bata, so I said its okey! Tinawag niya lahat at pumunta kami sa Mc Donald in front of Gotesco Mall.

The worst thing I dont like is the people who works there. Dahil noong sila ay nakupo and I was buying theme a food and suddenly out of nowhere may isang lalaki na natratrabaho doon at pinalalabas niya yong mga batang nakaupo. At kung pagtabuyan niya akalo mo kung sino siyang taong magaling, so I said kasama ko ang mga iyan.

At first, he hesitant, then he said marurumi daw sila at mabaho kaya hindi daw sila pwede sa loob. You know what, I just cannot hold my temper so I scream this S-- of B---- na instead na kaawaan niya pagtatabuyan pa. What a guy!!!!

To make this story short, they eat happily ever that day ay may baon pa silang umuwi. I wish I could do more but in reality, how can I. What can I do to help! Well, its more than 2 yrs from that day and I am now giving bantay bata a $50.00 a month for more than a year now. Its not much of a help but it helps.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^That employee should be fired!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    ^^That employee should be fired!
    Tama! Dapat sinumbong mo sa manager bossing! That's not good customer service IMO

But hey! Kudos for the good deed bossing!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My wife and I are supporting the schooling of some kids through this organization: http://www.worldvision.org.ph/

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    All of my friends -- I am the "SAVIOUR"

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i just fired an employee some 2 weeks ago. for some reason, naging ok na yun aura na mga natira. parang na excited sa work.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Careful lang sa pamimigay ng pera sa mga bata. Mas okay pa bumigay ng food instead of money. You'll never know if the money you gave ay pang rugby nila.

BTW, malapit na pasko talaga... marami daw pamimigay si LadyRider ngayung October. :hihihi:
    iam3739.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Whose Lives Have You Touched Lately?