New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Can someone tell me where I can buy CFLs with light sensor (automatically turns on at dusk and turns off at dawn). Used to find these items at ACE Hardware stores and SM Workshops but 'out of stock' palagi. Tried also, Federal at ATC, Home Depot(Alabang and Ft. Bonifacio) and Wilcon's (Alabang) pero wala rin..

TIA.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm even our depot havent had those kind of cfls for a long time na..your alternative would be to get a normal fl then use an electric timer to automatically turn the lamp on/off

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    hmm even our depot havent had those kind of cfls for a long time na..your alternative would be to get a normal fl then use an electric timer to automatically turn the lamp on/off
    Thank you for the response. Any initiative or move from the depots/stores to reorder these types of CFLs?

CFL brands with this feature are Akari, Worshop and *there's a third one that I can't remember now*

If I use the regular FLs, how do I get the electric timer to integrate to the circuit? Are there any timers available which just interfaces between the socket and the FL? (My aim is to keep the wiring intact) - there are actually light sensors like this,- but only for incandescent lamps.

Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    with the separate timer, you have to splice the wire, hindi sya plug in/outlet type. meron mga remote controlled outlets that will turn on/off with the press of a remote control although wala rin timer

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What we did was buy the light sensor separately. It goes between the bulb socket and the energy-saver bulb.

Sa SM din nabili. Pero kung out of stock dun, nakupo ewan ko na.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    What we did was buy the light sensor separately. It goes between the bulb socket and the energy-saver bulb.

Sa SM din nabili. Pero kung out of stock dun, nakupo ewan ko na.
    Thank you for the separate feedbacks bluebimmer(ikaw talaga ang target kong sasagot dito... hehehe) and otep.

Iyon bang light sensor na nabili mo sa SM ay iyong gawa ng tronix (yata)? If not, please share kung anong brand siya. Kasi, iyong nakita ko na light sensor supposedly for FL ay hindi gagana sa CFL...

Thanks again!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Milenyo destroyed the last of our precious CFLs with the light sensor.

I couldn't find a mechanical timer that has the same dimension as our switch panel, so I kept on asking for the CFL with the light sensor.

I was able to find a couple of these kahit na colored CFL (not daylight nor warmlight). Brand is Akari. Pinatulan ko na ito.

And then, a few days later,- may nakita ako,- Firefly. Halos naubos ko ang display nila... hehehe

:starwars:

Where Can I Buy CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lamp) With Light Sensor