New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    SInce the onset of Cebupac promo fares last year of the P1 fare, most people and even I book cebupac flights nowadays notwithstanding the long wait for you to be able to use it( cause their promo is usually march, and i take my flight on sept.)...

Now even PAL and air phil has succumbed to this business pressure from cebu pac and has lowered their airfare also dramaticallly to cope up with the demands that cebupac is eating up...

Now am thinking that using my HSBC mabuhay miles card to redeem flights for travel is deem more expensive than buying a ticket from cebupac direct base on current market prices....

parang wala ng saysay pang sabihin "sayang ang miles". what's your take on this?....

WBR,
    Last edited by Innova_Boy; September 18th, 2007 at 03:29 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Innova_Boy View Post
    SInce the onset of Cebupac promo fares last year of the P1 fare, most people and even I book cebupac flights nowadays notwithstanding the long wait for you to be able to use it( cause their promo is usually march, and i take my flight on sept.)...

Now even PAL and air phil has succumbed to this business pressure from cebu pac and has lowered their airfare also dramaticallly to cope up with the demands that cebupac is eating up...

Now am thinking that using my HSBC mabuhay miles card to redeem flights for travel is deem more expensive than buying a ticket from cebupac direct base on current market prices....

parang wala ng saysay pang sabihin "sayang ang miles". what's your take on this?....

WBR,
    actually, if you are going to really compute it, i share your insights. it is much cheaper to fly CebuPac than using your miles.

ang pagkakaiba lang nila, with CebuPac, you cannot immediately fly, pero yung miles mo, pwede mong gamitin anytime.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    parang di na nga worth it...best thing to do is avail of reward items

ok ang BPI ngayon kasi wala nang expiration ang points, just ipon n ipon hanggang maabot mo yung item na gusto mo...if nagchange ng catalogue, carryover lang ang rewards points

now it'll only take me 10yrs to avail the lcdtv

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    OT:

Any one knows Citibank CC na rereset po ba yung points?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, envez na using cash/paper money for your purchases, eh di HSBC card na lang. Just don't defer the balance para walang interest charges...

Ang BPI Worldperks Mastercard (Northwest Air tie-up) looks better as walang expiration yung points so you can accumulate points indefinitely.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok pa naman gamitin yung Mabuhay Miles for long flights like US or Australia. Yung mga SEA countries, especially those served by CebuPac, lang naman nagbabagsakan ng rates. Need ko pa naman mag ipon ng miles at baka may attend akong wedding sa US next year Kung ayaw nyo na sa miles nyo, baka pwede nyong i-donate sa akin ;) 60K miles ang MNL-LAX

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Worthwhile pa rin yan kasi free. Di yan magiging worthwile pag hirap ka mag rack up ng points sa card, pero kung madali lang iyan like isakay mo lahat ng groceries, tuition fees (naku sigurado makakakuha ka kaagad ng points dito), gas, utilities etc... Makakakuha ka kaagad ng free flight. Pero dapat ang paggastos eh parang normal lang, wag gagastos dahil sa free flights. Iyong bang tipong since kailangan mong gumastos eh hangga't maari eh ikarga mo sa HSBC mo pero kung tipong kakain ka sa labas para magkaron ng points ang HSBC mo eh mas magandang mag Cebu Pacific ka na lang dahil sigurado lugi ka dun.

Free pa rin yan kahit anong sabihin. Wag nga lang gawing sapilitan dahil talagang lugi ka dun.. Go with the flow lang.
    Last edited by froshie1; September 19th, 2007 at 01:35 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    although it's FREE flights but mathematically speaking you need to pay taxes and surcharges pa, i have computed this before and if you book a flight with PAL using your free mabuhay miles, you need to pay taxes and surcharges which is a little higher than what cebupac charges,, so bottomline konti lang dagdag bayad mo if with cebu pac as against PAL free mabuhay miles...

tama si boybi, better use this on long haul flights to US, yung nga lang you need 60k miles for RT ticket MLA-LAX-MLA. but i dont have US visa pa so useless pa rin

WBR,

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    also with PAL mabuhay miles, nag-expire yung miles natin, kaya you need to use in 3 years time if im not mistaken or it will be forfeited...

Eh pano if mahina ka magcharge like you get only 5k per year na miles?? so will take you 12 years to avail of the MLA-LAX RT ticket...

and dapat wag padala sa promo na "sayang ang miles" unless necessary items that you need to charge to your card, or else lalo ka mabaon sa utang... ika nga spend/charge wisely....

WBR,

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buti nakabuo ako ng 20k miles in just a year sa HSBC. hehehe

pero ngayon, forced to use them na kasi mag-eexpire na sila this coming January 08.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Is it still worthwhile to continue using HSBC mabuhay miles card?