New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    my mom is currently living in cainta and I assumed you know what happened dito. now, im looking for a new home for my mom. budget is 1.4M. baka may suggestion kayo kung saan hindi binabaha pero ang location is also nearby that town. (kung meron man)
    Last edited by wakin; October 21st, 2009 at 09:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think Paranaque wasn't affected too much by Ondoy but you have to stretch your budget. You have to choose an area in the village na mataas. May ibang village kasi na sa ibang street may baha sa iba naman wala.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    my mom is currently living in cainta and I assumed you know what happened dito. now, im looking for a new home for my mom. budget is 1.4M. baka may suggestion kayo kung saan hindi binabaha pero ang location is also nearby that town. (kung meron man)
    Mandaluyong wasn't that much affected (aside from the area around City Hall and Kalentong St areas)

You can also try looking into upper Pasig City area (those areas near Shaw Bvld)

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Along the Alabang-Zapote Road. Just stay away from Zapote which is by Manila Bay and Muntinlupa(?) which is by Laguna de Bay.

Friends at Dona Manuela Subd-Philamlife Village-BF Resort didn't have any problems with Ondoy.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sa 1.4M most likely condo yan or a small townhouse..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I think Paranaque wasn't affected too much by Ondoy but you have to stretch your budget. You have to choose an area in the village na mataas. May ibang village kasi na sa ibang street may baha sa iba naman wala.
    Agree with Cathy. Kahit outside M.Manila, yang budget na yan, parang kapos. Di ka makakakuha ng magandang location ng subdivision with that amount.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    *TS,

How long does your mom lived in that area?

I guess, your main concern now is location, location. But you shouldn't limit yourself with this. Do you prefer (or your mom) to get a pre-owned house, build a new one or through a developer? I suggest you to ask the services of an architect, (preferably an architect-builder, not an architect-contractor). Kahit consult lang. There's a blog that is worth reading for home-buyers. I myself is looking for our "second home", although developers are more expensive, I prefer to buy from them because of personal needs/criteria.

http://pinoydreamhousetoday.com

HTH, good luck.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Valley View Executive Village in Cainta is uphill, yun nga lang pag labas mo sa Ortigas Extension at Brookside baha din. My sister lives there and they are isolated for 2 days even if they were not flooded.

Nearby areas in Cainta is also flood prone areas like Pasig, San Mateo, and Antipolo. These areas are only few meters high from Laguna Lake water level.

These areas are like catch basin for waters coming from upland areas in the North side like Fairview, SJDM Bulacan, and more towns East side and some cities on the South side facing Laguna.

You can either choose to go up north of Metro Manila like Fairview, Lagro and SJDM Bulacan on the side of Fairview QC (cheaper cost of lot/sqm, no toll fees via Fairview) or go up south like Paranaque area (with toll fees).

But for P1.4M it would be outside MManila na yan or condo within MManila.

honestly, better off abroad..

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Meron wala pang sang million, condo sa dulo ng mindanao ave sauyo area. Pero siempre dont expect too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Saan magandang tumira ngayon?