New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Would you accept a higher paying job but with a lower position?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 46.15%
  • No

0 0%
  • Depends. (Give considerations.)

7 53.85%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I am celebrating my 500th post with a career question. I would like to invite you to answer the poll considering your own situation.

Would you accept a higher paying job but with a lower position?
    Last edited by the_wildthing; August 17th, 2004 at 04:42 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends, ano yung present designation, tapos ano yung bago? ok lang kung parehas managerial level para sakin. tapos mas mataas pa yung compensation diba?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on a lot of things....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no!

but if we are talking here of doubling your salary. why not?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    no!

but if we are talking here of doubling your salary. why not?
    i'd accept that offer in a heartbeat

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    some people dont mind job position as long as the compensation improves budgetary considerations of his family..

for me, uunahin ko muna sikmura + edukasyon ng dependents ko..as long the pay is morally & honestly deserving..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ssaloon
    i'd accept that offer in a heartbeat
    i have a similar offer like that before but I rejected it (as I was more concerned with the position). but in the end I ended up getting more than thrice of what am getting back then. :D

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung mas mataas, why not?

maganda lang pakinggan "manager" na title...

pero kung mas mataas ang sweldo kahit driver lang...payag na ko. :D

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ok, samples of the move:

- You are already VP at a medium-sized firm. You are offered an assistant VP position in a larger firm, marami kayong AVP, pero mas malaki ang sweldo by maybe 30-60%.

- You are reporting to the president and CEO already as officer. You are offered a job in a similiar sized-firm also as an officer, with higher pay, but you report to a VP.

- You are already a call center supervisor, managing 5-10 people. You are offered a call center operator position with 30-50% increase in income but you are now the one being supervised.

- You are a systems analyst doing primarily analysis and design and team leadership, no programming. You are offered a programmer role doing actual programming, and probably will report to a systems analyst, but with 30%-50% increase in income.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin nangyari na yan. I was already a Senior Analyst Programmer then may nag-offer sa akin Junior Database Administrator pero 50% more ang salary. I accepted it. Now I don't feel any "panghihinayang" kasi I'm already a Senior Oracle DBA and accepting thrice as much as I recieved as a Senior Analyst/Programmer. I dreamed of becoming a DBA kasi at inisip ko rin wife ko na nahihirapan ng magwork sa Laguna. I let her resign and we're a happy family!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Career Question: What do you prefer?