New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    That's the case if you're in the market for a ricer. But for the loyal Mercedes-Benz fans, the dreaming never stops.

http://myblackmercedes.blogspot.com/...ng-starts.html

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Jared, bakit ricer na naman nabanggit mo? Matinong usapan lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pat, even in the radios (e.g. 88.3 Gearbox), printed motoring articles (Car & Driver, Automobile, Mopar etc.) the term "rice", "ricers", "rice boys" has been used over and over for the past decades. Are we getting old backwards that only now we want to make so much fuss about it?

Yeah, I was once a "rice boy" too, and every so often when I have to be like that by force or by circumstance. But I'm not that immature and uneducated to really make a reaction about it just to get something going or an issue to brew.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You think I'm that immature by trying to get an issue going? To me kasi, especially if you keep posting stuff about MB but at the same time putting other cars in a bad light, it gives a bad impression of us MB owners especially if you publish it online. It makes people think we're elitists, when we're not - I don't know about you. You of all people should know we're definitely not getting old backwards, but is there really a need for its use?

Moreover, your crediting of Route 66, MBCP, and CATS puts them in a bad light as well, however indirectly. I just kind of wished you used a more formal term. It doesn't mean that if others have used it to denote a certain type of car, that it's alright to do so as well. Owners of those specific types of cars will get offended, as you have experienced first hand.

Like I said, matinong usapan lang. I want to keep this civil, and try to understand your side more, if that's possible.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    You think I'm that immature by trying to get an issue going? To me kasi, especially if you keep posting stuff about MB but at the same time putting other cars in a bad light, it gives a bad impression of us MB owners especially if you publish it online. It makes people think we're elitists, when we're not - I don't know about you. You of all people should know we're definitely not getting old backwards, but is there really a need for its use?

Like I said, matinong usapan lang. I want to keep this civil, and try to understand your side more, if that's possible.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007

Moreover, your crediting of Route 66, MBCP, and CATS puts them in a bad light as well, however indirectly. I just kind of wished you used a more formal term. It doesn't mean that if others have used it to denote a certain type of car, that it's alright to do so as well. Owners of those specific types of cars will get offended, as you have experienced first hand.

+1 On this, Amen Pat

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; August 13th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pat, there's still no reason to fuss around for such a small thing.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006

very well put, bro.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpogi View Post
    Pat, there's still no reason to fuss around for such a small thing.
    Jared, if it is such a small thing then why do you persistently make it a point to include derogatory remarks aside from "ricer"? From what I recall, you've called Japanese/Asian-made vehicles as "ducks" too. That has sparked complaints as you recall, to which your thread over at the official club forum was deleted, because it clearly does not promote the club's interest, nor does it help it in any way.

We both believe that Mercedes-Benz makes the best vehicles around, and we both own pretty nice examples. We're both part of the same club and have attended EB's. However, that goes without saying that it is very unethical to represent the club, yet at the same time throw out negative remarks against other makes.

Can you answer one simple question for inquiring minds? Why do you need to use derogatory remarks when pertaining to Asian or Japanese-made vehicles - what have they done to you that made you so critical of them?

We both know both were designed to be built differently in the first place - especially that last blog you made. A W108 never compares to those kinds of cars you pertain to as "ricers" - try something more analogous, like the M100 600 versus a Rolls Royce, for example. Or perhaps, a W123 coupe versus a BMW 6er from the 80's, or maybe even a Volvo 240 coupe. I'm sure that would be a splendid photoshoot if you could arrange it.

Do not get me wrong, your articles are very well thought out, the images are very good, and the subjects are very good examples too. See, your articles would have been really perfect from a standpoint, but it tragically falls short because it focuses on bringing other car makes down, rather than bringing the Mercedes-Benz marque, and its collection of fine attributes, much higher.

I hope you take that into consideration the next time you post your latest blog entry. Also, I highly suggest you make peace with those you've offended. It's hard going to EB's knowing you're not in the best of relations.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The Dreaming Stops when the Buying Starts