New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/cars/

Release Date: November 4th, 2005 (wide)

Release Date Note: (4/9/04) Walt Disney Pictures has announced the release date for this, their final Pixar release, and they're targeting November 4th, which is a direct challenge to Universal's Curious George, which is old-fashioned "traditional" 2-D animation instead of 3-D CGI. Will Universal flinch or hold tight against the box office force that is Pixar?

Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures

Distributor Note: (11/1/01) This film marks the end of the current Pixar/Disney contract. This will have been their seventh film produced/distributed together. (5/9/03) There's no word yet about whether Pixar and Disney will renew their relationship past this movie. (1/30/04) Pixar will indeed be moving on to another distributor after this film's release.

Production Company: Pixar (This will be the seventh film from Pixar after Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2, Monsters, Inc., and Finding Nemo and The Incredibles; next up after this is Untitled Pixar Rodent Project)

Title Note:

11/01/01 - Formerly listed as the Untitled John Lasseter Pixar Project, the title of 'Route 66' was scooped this week by USA Today. (4/22/02) Disney and Pixar have announced the title as being changed from 'Route 66' to 'Cars.' (10/25/03) "Variety" reported last week that Pixar may add another word to the title to make it 'The Cars.'

Cast: Paul Newman, Richard Petty, Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, John Ratzenberger, Dan Whitney; other voice cast not announced yet.

Cast Notes: (1/30/04) Pixar and Disney have announced a few of the stars of their last project together under their current contract (Pixar's next movie, Ratatouille, will be for a different distributor), and the list includes racing legends Richard Petty and Paul Newman (he's been known to act, too) along with Bonnie Hunt and Owen Wilson.

Director: John Lasseter (Toy Story; codirector of A Bug's Life, Toy Story 2; by the time this is released, it will have been six years since Toy Story 2)

Screenwriter: Unknown; John Lasseter will probably have at least a story credit.

Not Based upon:

11/01/01 - This film doesn't have anything to do with the 1960-1964 TV series of the same title. Fox did have a movie adaptation of that series in development at one time, but put it into turnaround long ago. (4/22/02) That note was written back when the title was Route 66. Now, I guess I should add a note about the new wave song, "Cars", by Gary Numan.

Premise: (4/22/02) Pixar has announced it as being "a high-octane adventure about a collection of classic automobiles-turned-'toons revving things up on historic Route 66." Expect the cars to be talking, but it's not yet known if they will be able to talk to their human passengers (or, for that matter, if there will be human passengers), but my guess is that there will be "drivers", but they won't know the cars can talk to each other (basically, the Toy Story thing). (3/12/04) Although the exact details of the premise aren't yet known, one detail that has surfaced is the issue of the humans in this movie. The answer? There won't be any; this movie takes place in a world of cars, and cars only.

Genre: Action, Animated, Comedy, Eye Candy, Kids

Filming:

11/01/01 - This film is probably in some level of preproduction at Pixar. (4/22/02) It definitely is at this point.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Think I saw the trailer when I watched Incredibles...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Disney fans better relish this while it lasts. Apparently Pixar has already crossed over to Disney rival Warner Bros., although there is no official word yet from either party.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oo nga kakalungkot malabo ang the incredibles part 2 , kahit i-release ng disney it wont be the same.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ay shocks naman oh... ang labo nila...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Eto pa pala. Got wind of this just now:

Disney next CG feature film, entitled "Chicken Little", will be released on November 4, 2005. Syempre, hindi na Pixar ang gumawa nito. Not sure kung sinong vendor yung nakuha nila for this project.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm kind of getting tired of the CGI movies. Wala lang. Parang one after another ang labas nila. Nothing against the genre.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    nung nakita ko ito sabi ko sa gf ko papanuorin ko ito hehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    u guys should watch appleseed, holy chow d best animation with cgi evar!!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    maiba, guys nag enjoy ba kayo sa Robots?

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Movie: Cars (by Pixar) [Merged]