New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    after months of searching, i finally found a small car for my daily use. my first toyota: 2005 scion xa

i bought it from a mom who just got a new ride and wanting to sell it soon. just like my last purchase, i have to decide quick or miss a deal since it was priced aggressively. after checking and test driving the car, i went home and got the history and went back to buy it.

i was actually trying to get a yaris hatchback, but hard to find at a good price esp with gas prices creeping up again. in fact i see small dealers raising their small cars by up to $2000 already so i realize i should get one soon. also, our sentra needs a little bodywork (pole hitting our sentra ).

surprisingly, the xa drives better than i expected. the 1.5L 103 hp is lively and sounds faster than it really is. it helps that the car is light (2300lbs) making it a small car thats actually fun to drive.

though the car is overall in good shape, i see lots of detailing work for me. scratches in and out, interior never fully cleaned, etc...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    few more first pics. 2 initial things i liked already: the small engine and the stock pioneer system that reads mp3s. this thing has more bass than my fx and sounds good as well.

1.5L vvti

center dash/audio

recently, i cleaned and disinfected the interior, treated some of the exterior plastics, removed the wheel cover for a different (base) look, and planning on treating the interior trims next.

Nice and wise purchased bro. Ganda nyan at matipid sa gaso. Pwede na iroadtest yan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MXFX View Post
    few more first pics. 2 initial things i liked already: the small engine and the stock pioneer system that reads mp3s. this thing has more bass than my fx and sounds good as well.

1.5L vvti

center dash/audio

recently, i cleaned and disinfected the interior, treated some of the exterior plastics, removed the wheel cover for a different (base) look, and planning on treating the interior trims next.
    engine detailing na yan.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    eb na arch!

ill wait for the initial inspection before i clean the engine bay. still afraid of doing the full details, so i may just wipe/treat the plastics next.

earlier, i removed the wheel covers and spent about 2 hours cleaning the steel wheels from filthy brown to somewhat good black color. it took simple green mix, megs scratch remover, and aerospace 303 to get it to look good.

title transfer and checkup next.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    nice! and congrats

welcome to the green side

aite, peace.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks kbr. let me know what the green side means. just making sure it is not "menyak" side .

i determine a theme for my ride "iksi:" cheap

i did a no rinse wash and klasse, dash detail and treatment, and some wheel mods.

i already thought of removing the covers even before buying the car, then i saw some
    scion owners online using trim or beauty rings for their steelies and did the same
    thing. cant get cheaper than this, a new look for under $50. just need the a few more things for a clean look.

next, more interior detail, checkup, remotes, floor mats, etc...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Rims look really good!

Good detail work

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks hp. few sucky things recently.

i didnt expect to pay over $600 in fees, and end up paying over $700. there goes a few possible mods and new tires .

next, what do you expect when you purchase something described as a "rare scion key?" well i received a toyota key instead. though no big deal, i insisted on the vendor to change his listing to "toyota key" that works with scions. at first he explained that what i got was on the picture (which is almost darkened so you do not see the logo), then later said sorry for the issue. ill report his listing is he does not change it in a few days. i decided to keep the key since ill lose the shipping cost and time if i decided to return it.

last, the remotes i ordered is not working. either "iksi" is not prewired for keyless entry, or im missing some steps though i tried many times. most likely, these will be returned.

floormats should be coming soon. lots more detailing to do, door trims are next. also considering smoked headlamps to match my other ride.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    gotta vent a little bit here from my first ebay seller dispute. i know folks may think scion=toyota and its just a key thing, but my take is that the seller kept listing misleading ads.

the seller lists scion keys acc to description, yet the key i received is toyota. the pic on his listing is a little vague, almost intentional so you cant see the logo clearly. when i informed him that i was expecting the “rare scion” key as described. he replied “you got whats on the picture” and offered a refund. i told him i will keep the key (since i will lose the shipping and the key ok though i prefer a matching one). i asked him to correct his listings to indicate that the item is a toyota key that works with scion cars. he replied “sorry about the problem.” one week later, i searched his listings and nothing was changed. i went ahead and posted a neutral feedback and did my best to reflect everything clearly in a few words (key not as described, my request to correct listing ignored).

i made a report to ebay and in short, the rep said they cannot guarantee the accuracy of listings and that i have the option to get a refund. this is after i explained that all i want is for the seller to correct his listings. i also give a dissappointing feedback on the ebay support experience.

i thought the thing is over with no resolution, but then i found out that the seller left me a positive but insulting feedback and another ignorant response to my neutral feedback to him (i.e. go to school, wear glasses, chew logo with ur mouth in not so great english ).

i replied if the comments he posted is how he “helps” and repeated that the resolution is to fix his misleading listings and his english. i reported his comments and each of his listings, this time i demanded to get his comments removed and his listings corrected, but not expecting much from my last attempt.

i guess some people are into cars, some not into cars, and some need to be run over by cars.

other than this, everything is perfect. scion “iksi” got more interior detailing, got new floormats, vinegar mix wipe for the waterspots (worked about 80%), inspection with minor stuff (oil change, battery and brake cleaning and adjustments). ii also did a horrible job with headlamp tint (overlay) and will do it again. current driving experiences next.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
My first toyota: 2005 Scion Xa