New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just because I can't think of a name for her... it just came to me when we were doing the photoshoot what a nasty devil she is...

(800x600 versions of the pics below: )
    http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?i...etbitchoo6.jpg
    http://img110.imageshack.us/my.php?i...tbitch2wd2.jpg

Current Modifications:

Asthetic:

None. I'm not the type... hehe...

Interior:

-Leatherette Seat covers, to protect the fabric seats... they only come off for track days.
    -Child Seat Mount, for my other baby...

Performance:

-K&N Intake Head, Simota stainless steel heat shield. Stock intake tubing, to keep the heat down... too many club mates having issues with steel intake tubes.
    -Thunder Headers, midpipe, but still on a stock muffler. Didn't want the car too loud. I know I could gain another 3whp or so with a good muffler, but this is a daily car, not just a bachelor's toy.

Power is now at approximately 150-155 bhp, via butt-dyno (we're dynoing for real in October)... much more responsive than stock. Less torque, but the stock setup was slow to respond to the throttle anyway, so it evens out.

-ROTA GT3 16x7 mags... an inch wider than stock mags, allowing me to run wider tires as needed. A bit lighter, too, which offsets the extra weight of the Neovas.

-Advan Neova AD07 205/45-16 tires... smaller diameter than stock, but my speedometer was off with stock tires anyway. Used to be approximately 1% too slow... now about 1% fast... gives better grip than the stock Advan A460s, and still small enough not to affect steering weight and feel. Traded down from 215/45-17s as the heavy wheels and wide tires made the steering feel too light, as the tires were controlling the steering wheel instead.

The current wheel-tire package gives me better pick-up in the first two gears, and only tramlines a little more than stock tires. Grip is much much better.

----

Future upgrades:

Hyper-grounding kit - I'm 50/50 on this, but every little bit helps.

Carbon-fiber intake box or shielding - been planning this for years, just don't have the time.

Intake and Throttle Body spacers - reduce intake air temperatures, good for approximately 3 hp and 5 ft-lbs of torque, ideally... going to have these locally fabricated.

Lightweight Pulleys - to make the engine more responsive

Camber Plates -

Aluminum Flywheel, Poly-urethane bushings and engine mounts, aftermarket shocks and springs - long ways away... might be too much for family use, and I'm still saving up for a "mommy-car" for the wife.
    Last edited by niky; September 22nd, 2006 at 05:07 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    any future suspension upgrades? :evillaugh

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    any future suspension upgrades? :evillaugh
    yeah! i-tein coil-overs na yan :evil:

Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Hyper-grounding kit - I'm 50/50 on this, but every little bit helps.
    Gamit ko welding cable wrapped in ribbed plastic insulators so it looks stock.

-K&N Intake Head, Simota stainless steel heat shield. Stock intake tubing, to keep the heat down... too many club mates having issues with steel intake tubes.
    Does simota make stainless steel heat shields specifically for a Lynx or is it a "universal" type heat shield?

Nice ride BTW, I like the black rims with the polished lip, pics are kinda small tho

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Pix too small? Hehe... Imageshack automatically resized them because they were over 3000 pixels. I've never used tsikot's native galleries, but I'm trying to learn so I can post thumbs... EDIT: Oh, now I see... fixed the links, ILD. Thanks!

Don't demonyo me! I can't make the ride any stiffer because it's a family car. I'll try to make do with swapped swaybars and swaybar bushings and camber plates, but any aftermarket shocks and springs are a big no-no.

Turbo? I'll just wait for a clubmate to get tired of theirs and buy it off of them... one's selling now, but I don't have the kind of cash he's asking for it...

RE: Heat shield: Universal. But I'm going to have a CF box made. Wanted to do a fully sealed box, but the Simota fully-sealed boxes for the Lynx I've seen were tiny... they only take cone air-filters big enough for motorcycles... ...I'll probably just have my box done K&N style... three sided only.

-----

EDIT: HEY, GUYS, HOW DO I LINK THUMBS FROM THE TSIKOT GALLERY?
    Last edited by niky; September 22nd, 2006 at 04:58 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe..yeah, pics too small. upload 'em from your hard drive.

turboooohhhhh!!!!!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Okay... got them to work... linked to the correct pics on imageshack, and loaded thumbnails, too... whew! Ang hirap!

By the bye, punta ka ba sa Ford Racing Club opening mamaya, bai? :evil: x2

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Okay... got them to work... linked to the correct pics on imageshack, and loaded thumbnails, too... whew! Ang hirap!

By the bye, punta ka ba sa Ford Racing Club opening mamaya, bai? :evil: x2
    OT: di nga eh, may family gathering...texted john na rin. sayang nga eh, libre pa naman. hehehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    wow!:inlove: and nice set of plate numbers too! :2thumbsup:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
The Scarlet B*tch.  Ford Lynx RS.