New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Longtime lurker here, this is my first post.

I've been reading a lot of feedback and buyer info for locally-available compact suv's including the cr-v (dependable but boring), x-trail (minor build problems), fortuner (dealer horror stories), rav-4 (overpriced), escape (powerful but plasticky interior), Sorento/Tucson/Grand Vitara (low resale value), etc. but haven't found much information about the Mazda Tribute. I'm planning on getting one after researching about it on the Internet and visiting the different showrooms.

I would very much appreciate feedback from current owners before taking the zoom, zoom, zoom plunge.

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    The Ford Escape is just a re-badged Mazda Tribute, so there's not much difference between the two. Here's some reviews:

Ford Escape:
    link 1
    link 2
    link 3

Mazda Tribute:
    link 1
    link 2

More 4WD reviews and road tests here.

HTH

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the links, Kokonat.

After doing a comprehensive 2-week comparison of csuv's, I've finally decided to get the 2.3L, automatic Tribute. Made the downpayment na. To make it stand out a little from the other Tribbys, I upgraded it w/ factory-installed leather seats and ordered 18" Concept One wheels on Nitto tires. The Mazda dealer says it will be delivered in about two weeks time. Excited na ako!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nice choice... don't particularly like the size of your wheels (anlakas nun sa gas! ) but they do sound ***y.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Congrats! I was about to add my 2 cents about the Tribute but I read your post about you making a downpayment already.

Leather upholstery will do wonders for the interior of the Tribute - though you can have it installed by a local upholsterdy shop (like Kelseat or Boy C) instead (since Mazda would probably subcontract that to a local shop anyway). You can also opt to buy Concept One rims & Nitto wheels straight from Wheel Gallery (in San Juan).

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *mazdamazda: go ahead w/ your 2 cents. Kapag bad review, I'll just have to live with it.

*niky: 18" rims pala may effect din sa fuel consumption. Ganun kaya ka-substantial? Sana hindi naman.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well.. actually my 2 cents is all praises for the Tribute.

Compared to its fraternal twin, the Ford Escape, it has much more kit & features. If I remember correctly, it was C&D who commented that the Tribute handled & accelerated slightly better than the Escape (which baffled them since they are mechanically the same).

Aesthetics wise... it is also a notch above the Escape... though it looks a bit boring and conventional (looking more like a wagon than an SUV) compared to the X-Trail, Rav4 & Outlander.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    congratulations on your new tribby....welcome to the club...been driving my tribby for almost 6 months now..and it never gave me any problems at all...including the aftersales service...highly recommended ang Mazda Greenhills,,since that's where i bought my tribby....PMS?..no worries....mechanics are very trustworthy..IMOP...tribby may not look good on the outside...but it's the ride..engine performance that matters....

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    hey how's the gas consumption on the tribute? been choosing between that and a suzuki grand vitara kasi. heard the GV is a guzzler at arond 6-7kms/l but looks a lot flashier hehehe. how do your tributes fare? thanks for your replies!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slyfox
    hey how's the gas consumption on the tribute? been choosing between that and a suzuki grand vitara kasi. heard the GV is a guzzler at arond 6-7kms/l but looks a lot flashier hehehe. how do your tributes fare? thanks for your replies!

first 3 months driving my tribute was a real guzzler...around the same with vitarra-6-7km,,,but after my 5km,,,mileage improved to 9-10km/....maybe it's just on my driving...been going as far bicol....and baguio and tagaytay....i just noticed that the more i drive the tribute...the better mileage as per gas consumption i get...i believe my observance doesn't apply with others....but that's my tribute...hehehehe...GV is really a head turner...you go and test drive the two...then it will be your choice that matter...good luck

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Mazda Tribute feedback